Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #1081
Saskir21
Saskir21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS T1
Sorry If this got already answered but I have one Problem with COPS. First for my Setup, I have it Running on a Raspberry Pi 2 (and it Runs really nice even with Many books). I have made it available trough a Apache Server and I have no problem to connect to it with a Browser on my PC or iPad. But strangely I can not connect with the Browser in my Kindle. I just get "Page not found".
I tried Url_rewrite as it seems the Kobo Reader would need it. But this was not the error.

Again sorry if this was already answered but I only found a workaround for 0.6. with sending via E-Mail on Page 32 or 37 of this Thread. And what Sites I found over Google only described this solution.

Is it not possible to access the OPDS Server directly with Kindle?

EDIT: just call me an idiot. The Kindle browser required that I end the URL with a "/". I needed 2 days to find this out. But now arises another problem. If I Click on a .mobi file is not found. It says the requested URL was not found on this Server. Strange Thing I noticed was that the URL was within the Apache server /ebooks/download/"some number"/"Name of eBook with '+' instead of Space". My eBook Library is outside of the Server the Apache server.

Last edited by Saskir21; 03-16-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: New problem
Saskir21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #1082
Saskir21
Saskir21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS T1
Ok found the error. The Apache Server did not parse the htaccess file. Took me some time to find out that the allowoverride Switch is not in the Apache2.conf. It was in etc/apache2/sites-available/default (atleast for a Debian install of Apache). Now it Works in al my devices. Still I find it strange that I could download flies over one Devise and not the other. If one was with url_rewrite on and the other with Off I could Understand it, but not in One came yes and One no with the same options.
Saskir21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #1083
dKodiak
dKodiak began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4
I have a website hosted on ipage. I have unlimited space and wanted to put COPS on it.

Could I get some help setting it up. I put COPS on the site so when I type website/COPS it runs but the database and the library are not found.

I am a relative newbie, but ussually can figure out how to get stuff up and running.
dKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #1084
mariosipad
Groupie
mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin
Did you copy the file (in the COPS dir) config_default.php to config_local.php?

Did you then change the setting: $config['calibre_directory'] = './'; to direct COPS to the dir where you placed your Calibre database and epub files?

If you did all this (of course ) what is the output of:

http://website/COPS/checkconfig.php ?

Last edited by mariosipad; 03-23-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #1085
dKodiak

Got it Working....just had labeled calibre directory wrong
Old 03-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #1086
dKodiak

How do I get my custom column to show as a filter on the star page... World is column name #world is how you search in calibre for it. but it is a combo of two columns, a numbered and an unnumbered. I tried "World" and is showed with no books, "#world" did not Show.

Never Mind .... Have to use the 2 columns not the combined column

Last edited by dKodiak; 03-24-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #1087
hannah
Connoisseur
hannah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
my husband installed the last github version of cops 1.0.0RC4 on a linux server with nginx 1.7.10 and php 5.6.7 in fpm fast sgi.
I can download books with my firefox webrowser on my pc, but when I clic on the "epub" download button with my kobo H2O nothing happens.

When I access to the demo cops on http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/ I can download the books.

What can be wrong on our linux server ?

EDIT : fixed by doing an url write as documented in the cops wiki on github

Last edited by hannah; 03-24-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #1088
merciers
merciers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Andoid Tablet
Hello,

I have just installed Cops on Synology DSM 5.0. from the SynoCommunity site

The checkconfig gives me only 2 issues:
1/ Check if intl is properly installed and loaded
Please install the php5-intl extension and make sure it's enabled
2/ Check if Normalizer class is properly installed and loaded
Please make sure intl is enabled in your php.ini
I hope to be not so far from the Graal ;+))

I read somebodies have got the same ones but I do not find the way they fixed it
Can you help me ?

Rgds Sylvain
merciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #1089
mariosipad
Groupie
mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin
If I remember correctly:

1 - Synology does not have php5-intl installed -> this error can be ignored (I did)
2 - unknown error to me, bud it has to do with php5-intl so can probably be ignored.

Then in your browser goto the COPS url without checkconfig.php and see what happens.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #1090
merciers
merciers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Andoid Tablet
You are right. It works .
Thank you Mariosipad
merciers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, kobo aura, synology