Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #1246
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Version 2.8.1

Release v2.8.1

* Handle FW 5.3.7.3 (untested).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:16 AM   #1247
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Collections Manager 2.8.1 & KT fw 5.3.7.3

Thanks! I will try it and I will send you a feedback

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #1248
packhike
packhike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Collections Manager for Kindle Touch 5.3.7.3

Thank You Thank You for this update for KT firmware.

I messed up and downloaded some books then left wifi on and it self updated to 5.3.7.3.
Of course collections manager didn't work but followed the instructions here and reinstalled the MKK then had to delete the the collections manager Azw2 (I think thats what you call it cant remember) Installed the new one and it works just like it used too.

You guys are f******* GREAT.........

Thank you again!!!!

packhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #1249
carrick
carrick began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
CM for Kindle PW 5.6.5 (2730300038)

Apologies for posting a question that will be obvious to many.

I wish to run CM on my kindle 5.6.3 specifically to allow nested collections and hiding items on the home page. I get it that I have to regress to an earlier version of kindle software to jailbreak but am not sure which one.

Would someone kindly recommend a version to install.

Cheers
carrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #1250
madagascaradam
Enthusiast
madagascaradam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick View Post
I wish to run CM on my kindle 5.6.3 specifically to allow nested collections and hiding items on the home page. I get it that I have to regress to an earlier version of kindle software to jailbreak but am not sure which one.

Would someone kindly recommend a version to install.
Unless you were jailbroken before your kindle auto-updated to 5.6.3, then I don't think you can do it very well (certainly not easily).

If you weren't previously jailbroken, there is an incredibly technical way to do it by opening up your kindle and using a serial port, etc., but I myself don't have the technical skills to attempt that.

Either way, your goal would be to get to 5.3.9 (for best functionality with Kindle Collections Manager).

If you were previously jailbroken, then below is the link to describe how to get back to a previous version and get everything working for you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263411
madagascaradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #1251
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascaradam View Post
Unless you were jailbroken before your kindle auto-updated to 5.6.3, then I don't think you can do it very well (certainly not easily).

If you weren't previously jailbroken, there is an incredibly technical way to do it by opening up your kindle and using a serial port, etc., but I myself don't have the technical skills to attempt that.

Either way, your goal would be to get to 5.3.9 (for best functionality with Kindle Collections Manager).

If you were previously jailbroken, then below is the link to describe how to get back to a previous version and get everything working for you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263411
I am pretty sure that works **ONLY** with firmware 5.6.1.1 not 5.6.3 -
Although I can't find the posts where it was tried (and failed) on other versions.

Last edited by knc1; 11-25-2015 at 10:10 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #1252
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The only way to downgrade the firmware is by overwriting the firmware images, e.g. using ixtab's PW2 images here: http://www.ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/
Just use those images -- 5.4.0 is both the first ever PW2 firmware and the last Kindle firmware that supports nested collections via CM.

EDIT:
IMPORTANT!!!
As knc1 pointed out, this will only work on the original 2GB PW1 -- the newer 4GB PW1 (v2) will not work with older firmware (from v1).
Confusing.

The "bug" that allows downgrading via the forced reboot is PW1 only -- that's why we were surprised to learn it still worked, because we know they blocked it on the PW2.
@carrick, you didn't specify which PW you have, but if it's currently on fw5.6.5 then it isn't the PW1.

The PW3 is a lost cause, it never ran an old enough firmware for nested collections.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-25-2015 at 11:59 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #1253
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The only way to downgrade the firmware is by overwriting the firmware images, e.g. using ixtab's PW2 images here: http://www.ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/
Just use those images -- 5.4.0 is both the first ever PW2 firmware and the last Kindle firmware that supports nested collections via CM.

The "bug" that allows downgrading via the forced reboot is PW1 only -- that's why we were surprised to learn it still worked, because we know they blocked it on the PW2.
@carrick, you didn't specify which PW you have, but if it's currently on fw5.6.5 then it isn't the PW1.

The PW3 is a lost cause, it never ran an old enough firmware for nested collections.
Those images are for the 2G byte version only.

Use the first four (or second three of first six) and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
to determine what model you have **before** going any further.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #1254
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Hi, has anyone tried running CM on a jailbroken Voyage running 5.6.5?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #1255
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Hi, has anyone tried running CM on a jailbroken Voyage running 5.6.5?
Try it and report back.
Don't expect too much of it (see post above yours).
Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #1256
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try it and report back.
Don't expect too much of it (see post above yours).
I have it, but not getting much response. If I open it from KUAL I get an error notice. If I open it without KUAL, I get a blank screen that says www.ixtab.tk. One time it showed actual CM images.

So, removing it now.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #1257
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New firmware usually requires someone to write a new adapter.

Since Ixtab is inactive, we are dependent on people who have the device and want the support to know Java and post the needed patches.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #1258
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have it, but not getting much response. If I open it from KUAL I get an error notice. If I open it without KUAL, I get a blank screen that says www.ixtab.tk. One time it showed actual CM images.

So, removing it now.
Thanks for confirming it isn't worth much until it gets updated.

LibrarianSync is very likely to still work.
(It batch loads the collections database on the Kindle.)

eschwartz can tell you about the Calibre + LibrarianSync combination.
He finds it very useful (I don't use either, so I am not much help).

Last edited by knc1; 02-07-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #1259
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

It's basically just a faster version of CM, that doesn't support interactive editing of collections.

If you used the Kindle Collections plugin then instead of using the CM menu option to import from calibre, you use a KUAL menu button to import from calibre.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #1260
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, I don't really need it, just thought it would be fun to try out. I got what I wanted, on my Voyage, the ability to swap out the default font for one of my choice, so I should leave it alone!

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks