Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
firstrun
firstrun began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Cool Trying to validate an ePub created withCalibre

Every since the last update for Calibre, I can't the ePub filescreated with Calibre at the Threepress.org site. Normmally it is just a matter of opening the ePub file with Sigil and removing a few tags. But since the last update I get thesame error message from ePub files I create:

1.ERROR: Coe.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(17): unfinished element
2.Check finished with warnings or errors!

Usually this means that there is an open tag, My problem is that I can't find the content.opf to correct the error.

Any suggestions?
firstrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrun View Post
Every since the last update for Calibre, I can't the ePub filescreated with Calibre at the Threepress.org site. Normmally it is just a matter of opening the ePub file with Sigil and removing a few tags. But since the last update I get thesame error message from ePub files I create:

1.ERROR: Coe.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(17): unfinished element
2.Check finished with warnings or errors!

Usually this means that there is an open tag, My problem is that I can't find the content.opf to correct the error.

Any suggestions?
Epub is just a compressed format with .epub vice .zip. You could copy your epub to a working folder, change the extension to .zip and extract the files and examine your content.opf file in an editor like notepad++.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert