Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Cool-er Quirks and Issues

Cool-er like most devices seems to have some Quirks and Issues. Some of them that have been noted are:

Date thingy:
Date at the botom right corner, it says Feb 18th. This is not actually the date setting, it is simply telling you that you have sort by date selected, instead of sort by title or author.

Funky page number thingy:
Funky page numbers on the side of the screen that cover up the last letter or last two letters sometimes looking a bit like ghosting. This is actually a Adobe Digital Editions issue not a Cool-er one. I believe its considered to be a feature?

Scrolling thingy:
When scrolling through books when you reach the end of the page the down button just puts you back at the top of the page instead of sending you to the next one. You have to hit the left arrow to go to the next page.

Computer thingy:
Don't hook up your Cool-er with your USB cable to the computer while you are reading a book on your Cool-er, this will make your Cool-er VERY unhappy with you.

Those are the big ones that I can think of at the moment, I am sure other people will have ones to add in.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Funky page number thingy:
Funky page numbers on the side of the screen that cover up the last letter or last two letters sometimes looking a bit like ghosting. This is actually a Adobe Digital Editions issue not a Cool-er one. I believe its considered to be a feature?
Yes it's considered a feature. Afaik with newer versions of the mobile reader sdk the page number display can be made adjustable. Perhaps Interead will offer such a feature with one of the next FW-updates.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Computer thingy:
Don't hook up your Cool-er with your USB cable to the computer while you are reading a book on your Cool-er, this will make your Cool-er VERY unhappy with you.
I've not seen anything like this - what happens when you plug it into your computer whilst reading?
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
I've not seen anything like this - what happens when you plug it into your computer whilst reading?
It has frozen up and not communicated properly when I did this. So I have just made sure its off before I plug it in.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote