Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
Problem with PDF format

I have a book that is in PDF format and when I put it on my Sony Reader letter are to small to read. Normally I would convert it into txt file and then add it into my device, but this book has some graphic illustrations that are essential when reading the book.
So is there a way to make letter bigger and keep those graphic in? Maybe I could convert it in some other format but what? Any advice?
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
ashort
Connoisseur
ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 10th Gen
Use the PRS-505 updater:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...d=3622&os_id=7
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It won't work on a PRS500, which is what Prom King has.

So a conversion to LRF may be the way to go.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
ashort
Connoisseur
ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 10th Gen
Ooops!! Sorry, did not see that in the "Device" description.
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:00 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Prom King--

Another thought...Have you tried viewing your PDF files in landscape mode. It'll only show half a page at a time, but the text will be bigger.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Prom King--

Another thought...Have you tried viewing your PDF files in landscape mode. It'll only show half a page at a time, but the text will be bigger.

dordale
Gee I haven't I shall try it thanks

And I shall also try with this LRF thing, also thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
prom king
Sloshed

I managed to convert it in word document, with pictures and it's size is 6.0 MB, but I can't put it in Sony Reader. I put it in Sony Ebook Library but when I drag him into Sony Reader that 'Status' symbol just spins around forever and I have to 'cancel' it. That never happened before.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Use either Calibre or Book designer to convert to LRF and you should have a more compact and manageable file.

Alternatively, split the very long Doc file into smaller chunks (parts, 1, 2, 3, etc).
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi Prom King,
I've found the best and quickest way to convert PDF to LRF is to use two tools. MobiCreator is the only free tool out there that converts images and tables from a PDF to html.

1) Use MobiCreator to convert PDF to MOBI.
2) Use Calibre to convert MOBI to LRF.

Mobi Creator is the only free product that handles images and complicated tables.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #10
prom king
Sloshed

Ok, =X= I'll defeneatly try it because when I convert PDF to lrf with Calibre it left out most of the pictures.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #11
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have found pdflrf preserves the format of the book nicely. Although I haven't tried =X='s method yet and it sounds promising.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
I have found pdflrf preserves the format of the book nicely. Although I haven't tried =X='s method yet and it sounds promising.

This is what I used to use until the 505 update as well. It's a pretty spiffy program.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:39 AM   #13
prom king
Sloshed

Actually I can't seem to figure how to turn PDF into MOBI. I downloaded Mobipocket Creator and when I open it i get this options offered

I pick for instance 'import Word document' and it allways turns it into .html format even when I pick 'import html document'. So how do I turn it into MOBI?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
fmeneuhe
fmeneuhe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Does anybody know if there is any software to convert PDFs to LRF (or PDF to PDF) with the functionality to choose the base font size of the destination converted file?
I mean, to be able to choose the minimum font size of the converted file.
The problem with the reader is that the letter of the PDFs are too small for reading.
fmeneuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
fmeneuhe
fmeneuhe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post
Actually I can't seem to figure how to turn PDF into MOBI. I downloaded Mobipocket Creator and when I open it i get this options offered

I pick for instance 'import Word document' and it allways turns it into .html format even when I pick 'import html document'. So how do I turn it into MOBI?
Are you using the version 4.2? I have an option to import from "Adobe PDF ":
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...sp?Language=EN

But I do not know how to turn it into MOBI either.

Last edited by fmeneuhe; 08-18-2008 at 11:18 AM.
fmeneuhe is offline   Reply With Quote