Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #181
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Adding the line

Code:
Launcher=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh\")
to the kobotweaks.ini file in the .kobo directory should do the trick.
thank you works a treat

Whats the command to add the Sketch pad to the menu??

Last edited by lohtse; 10-23-2013 at 06:41 AM.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #182
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
thank you works a treat

Whats the command to add the Sketch pad to the menu??
This should work:
Code:
Sketch=tweaks.scribble()
You can find a list of all available commands in this post.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #183
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
This should work:
Code:
Sketch=tweaks.scribble()
You can find a list of all available commands in this post.
Thank you for that now am a happy Bunny!!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #184
lohtse
Groupie

This nolonger works or at least I can't get it to work on firmnware 3.0.0. on touch! :-(
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #185
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
With firmware 3.0 the Touch has received the new home screen layout, so the tweaks plugin will no longer work.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #186
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Please, please, please. I hate the new busy homescreen on the Touch, I bought the touch because it was the cleaneast and the just keep adding more and more junk.

I want my tweaks back! (off to look in the firmware thread for a downgrade from 3.1)
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #187
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I just sideloaded 3.1.0 on my Mini - it is not supposed to be for the Mini, but it works. And I am happy to report that the Tweaks work, too. At least, that is how I am launching Sergey's launcher.

The Browser does not launch and freezes the reader (needs pinhole reset), however Chess works, and so do the settings.
Of the other commands I had added, Reboot works, while koreader does not (but it did not work before the update, either). I suspect the Browser might be pointing to the wrong spot, as the browser in the new firmware seems revamped as compared to the one in 2.6.2 (on the Mini).

EDIT: sorry, koreader works, too, just found a typo in the command I used. So just to confirm, apart from the Browser command, everything else seems to work in the Tweaks with firmware 3.1.0 on the Mini

Last edited by paola; 12-07-2013 at 03:40 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:47 AM   #188
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
tweaks.sleep()

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
At the moment these are available:
...tweaks.sleep()...
I would like to call tweaks.sleep() from a shell script. Is there a possibility?
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #189
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoe View Post
I would like to call tweaks.sleep() from a shell script. Is there a possibility?
sorry, maybe I do not understand you, but can't you do it with Kobolauncher fmon?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #190
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sorry, maybe I do not understand you, but can't you do it with Kobolauncher fmon?
No, KoboLauncher offers "power off" but no "sleep". I know how to run a shell script on the Kobo (manually at any time or automatically on start-up), but tweaks.sleep() seems to be a library function and I don't know how to call it from a shell script.

Last edited by pakoe; 02-28-2014 at 12:59 AM.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:25 AM   #191
hg-
hg- began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Standalone file system sync

This might be a bit off topic, but I try this thread to see if any of you could help on this. I'm looking for a way of intiating a database sync of books on the filesystem, i.e. the sync menu alternative in this plugin. But I want to do it from an external activation and not from user interface. This is due to that I side load books with scp to the device, and would like to follow that with a ssh and execute the FS sync. The other method I know of (pretending a usb plug/unplug) have the side effect of disconnecting wifi.

I was thinking of creating a stand alone executable linking to the libnickel.so and execute the
Code:
N3FSSyncManager::sharedInstance()->sync(paths);
. Would that work, after creating the
Code:
N3FSSyncManager
object or would that interfere with the simultaneous running nickel application?

I'm running FW 3.3 on a Kobo Aura HD.
hg- is offline   Reply With Quote