Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
abooch
abooch began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to turn of cell standby?

Could anyone point me in the right direction to turn off cell standby on a rooted nook?
abooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abooch View Post
Could anyone point me in the right direction to turn off cell standby on a rooted nook?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=standby

I would read through the entire thread before proceeding. You can use Root Explorer to rename the files instead of ADB if you wish.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
abooch

and if I want to disable automatic updates I can use root explorer too? I'm not sure how to do this with Root Explorer.. just rename everything?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
and if I want to disable automatic updates I can use root explorer too? I'm not sure how to do this with Root Explorer.. just rename everything?
You "long press" on the file and select "Rename". Yes, all you're doing is renaming it. You want to follow a naming convention.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
abooch

Root explorer is a paid app?
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Root explorer is a paid app?
Yes.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/root-exp...e.rootexplorer
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
This was pretty well studied by a few people at xda. There was no evidence that disabling the cell standby service saved any battery power whatsoever. I would leave it alone.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote