Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Mikey_Mayhem
Mikey_Mayhem began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Magazine pdf to epub: cover fullscreen; rest isn't?

I just started using calibre today to convert some magazine pdfs to epub for my Nook Color.

But when I converted using the NC preset I couldn't read the text because it was too small. Then I noticed that the cover of the magazine epub was fullscreen, but the pages of the magazine weren't. Is there anyway to convert the ENTIRE magazine to fullscreen, regardless of aspect ratio?
Mikey_Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Does the PDF contain text or just scanned images of the pages? Also, what does 'the pages of the magazine weren't fullscreen' mean, exactly?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
alliani
alliani began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Does the PDF contain text or just scanned images of the pages? Also, what does 'the pages of the magazine weren't fullscreen' mean, exactly?
This question is similar to mine. I have a PDF magazine - scanned as a set of images, no text - and converting it to an EPUB makes the pages a little small to comfortably read. Is there a way to have Calibre convert it to a larger image size that could be panned/zoomed? Or, better yet, is there a way to add a friggin' cover to a PDF? These grey covers seriously tweak my OCD.

TIA!
alliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliani View Post
This question is similar to mine. I have a PDF magazine - scanned as a set of images, no text - and converting it to an EPUB makes the pages a little small to comfortably read. Is there a way to have Calibre convert it to a larger image size that could be panned/zoomed?
When converting if you set Page setup - output profile to tablet it shouldn't resize your images smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliani View Post
Or, better yet, is there a way to add a friggin' cover to a PDF? These grey covers seriously tweak my OCD.
I don't think so.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote