Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Do you know of any iSilo-like application?

I used to be a fan of iSilo, and I wish there was a similar application for e-ink devices. Do you know of any program that fetches internet websites on a scheduled basis? I know that Calibre can fetch RSS feeds, but what about just html pages? And not only that, but to also follow links and download other webpages. Filters, etc. I'm sure some of you are familiar with iSilo.
Thanks...
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Calibre recipes do more than just RSS feeds; they can capture regular website pages and follow the links.
I use Calibre's built-in recipe to download weekly issues of The Economist. (A subscription is req'd to access that secion of the site, so I had to give it my account and password when scheduling the d/l but it works fine.)
Otherwise, you *could* use Windows scheduling or a Linux scheduled job with a regular website capture utility like this one:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,22003,00.asp
(Not free. There are plenty others that are, though.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Thanks, fjtorres.
I took a better look at Calibre... oh, my, oh, my! This is fantastic!!!
When my PB360 arrived I thought "well, was this an impulsive purchase?"
but as I learn how to do more and more stuff, I like my ereader more and more!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Yes, the PB360 is a very satisfying toy, isn't it?
And, considering how extensible it is and the work on getting new apps onto it, odds are things are going to get very interesting in 2010.
(And Calibre is pretty cool, too.)

Have fun!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote