Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
More Of What Ukulele Players Really Want To Know

Well it took me 12 months, but I finally put out my follow up to my bestselling ebook, called More Of What Ukulele Players Really Want To Know.

Still aimed at beginners, this book takes things a little further, answering more thought provoking beginners questions over 21 new chapters. Everything from some basic theory to advice on performing and running a ukulele club.

It's on Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/More-Ukulele-P...8377628&sr=8-1

Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Ukulele...8377609&sr=8-1

And also on Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/129436

Hope you enjoy it.
bazmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A pretty great first week for my new ukulele book - going to number two in the Music reference book chart on Amazon! Not too shabby!

Feedback has been great, so huge thanks to anyone who took a look.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Ukulele-P...9060888&sr=8-6

UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Ukulele...9060878&sr=8-3
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Things still going well for my follow up to the first ukulele book. I've also had the proof copy through for the paperback, and the book has gone into the Smashwords Premium Catalog, so will shortly be on iTunes, Barnes and Noble etc

For now - you can grab it on Kindle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Ukulele...=pd_sim_kinc_2

http://www.amazon.com/More-Ukulele-P...9754205&sr=8-4

And in other ebook formats on Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/129436
Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Reception to my new book has been great - so thanks to anyone who bought a copy.

If you are new to these books and starting out with the ukulele, you would do better to check my first book before this one.

As such - link below to my Amazon author central page which lists both.

http://www.amazon.com/Barry-Maz/e/B0...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

(also available on Smashwords etc in other formats)

Keep strumming!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Just a query to an expert - is a ukele band still so if it uses a bass guitarist )electric) , accordianist, flute, kazzoos (?), small synthesizer now and then, and a banjo ?

The sound is good, but would yer purist be terribly offended ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #6
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Im no purist - I am just happy when somebody makes music - the ukulele works well with any instrument. In our local jam session the other week we had three ukuleles, one bass acoustic, one acoustic guitar and a saxophone!

It's all good IMHO!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
This is a really great ukelele book and a worthy follow-up to last year's What Ukulele Players REALLY Want to Know. My only criticism is the lack of illustrations. It's true that there are many places on the Internet where people can find ukulele chord diagrams, but it would be nice when discussing certain chords if the text was accompanied by a fret diagram.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Thanks WT Sharpe - that's a fair point, but the kindle format (for me at least) makes it a pain to get images right. They are easy enough to add, but getting them looking right on the device is a pain.

I probably need to look at an update and get some images sorted. That said, the books are written to be read alongside regular tutor books and I do make chord sheets available on my website for free.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW, I just bought a travel soprano for the car. This one from Elderly. It's my first Flea, and hardly a competitor for my KoAlohas (more like competition for the TV Pal that I play in my pool), but it is fun to play, and has a surprisingly nice tone. The spacing of the strings is farther apart than it is on my Cordoba 25SK soprano, making it much easier to chord and fingerpick, although the strings sit noticeably higher over the fretboard, meaning the Cordoba is easier to strum. And, of course, the solid koa wood of the Cordoba makes it sound far nicer than the plastic back & sides and plywood pine top of the Flea, but for the price it's a really nice uke.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-15-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
bazmaz
Uke strummer

I think a Flea is a uke that all players should look to put in their collection. Superb as a travel uke as its bombproof, great volume too. Like mine, and my Fluke too (the bigger brother!)

Ps - try Worth BM strings on it. I tried many types over the stock strings and to my ears these really improved it.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Brown Worth strings are my favorites for my Pineapple Sunday, although occasionally I get a hankering for Ko'olau Gold, Aquila, or Worth CT (clear) strings. My KoAloha concert usually sports Worth strings, but at the moment it, like the Flea, is wearing Aquilas. They are all good strings, but they sound better on some instruments than others. And then sometimes you just get tired of the same sound and crave a change.

I'll give the Worth BMs a shot on the Flea. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I probably should take this offline, but I just picked up an old Roy Smeck (probably spent too much) and both of your books. It's only 4 strings. Surely I can learn to play it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Welcome to the club, Jerry! Best thing about buying a uke is that they're easy to learn. You'll be playing tunes in no time. Virtuosity takes a lifetime, but it's a fun ride.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
bazmaz
Uke strummer

WT Sharpe - I always advise that people experiment with strings. They sound different on different ukes, and to different ears. Aquilas are amazing for getting tone out of a cheap uke with laminated woods, but on pro models I go with something sweeter. I found Aquilas were boomy on my flea. I tend to go with worths and Martin flouros mainly

Jgaiser - thanks so much. I always tell new players the same thing. The ukulele is one of the easiest instruments to start to learn - I can get most people playing a three chord pattern in under half an hour. That said, nothing in music is "easy" and it requires practice to get the most from it. Easy to pick up, lifetime to master! I hope you enjoy it!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Just wanted to let you know, that this book is now half normal price for a short time on the Smashwords site - heck, just a buck and a half!!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/129436