Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #1291
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
So who else had doughnuts on Donut Day? We baked a pile of chocolate chip cookies on Friday to share with our daughter who drove in for the weekend. Sadly, she didn't eat very many of them. So I'm having to suffer eating the remains. Woe is me.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1292
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'm afraid I missed Donut day again. But I had a Scottish Breakfast on 2nd July, does that count? In fact I've had Scottish breakfast every morning for the last 2 weeks, and I need to go on a diet now.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #1293
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I'm afraid I missed Donut day again. But I had a Scottish Breakfast on 2nd July, does that count? In fact I've had Scottish breakfast every morning for the last 2 weeks, and I need to go on a diet now.
SO do tell, what exactly is a Scottish breakfast and does it involve the stomach of any critters?
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #1294
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
SO do tell, what exactly is a Scottish breakfast and does it involve the stomach of any critters?
It certainly involved my stomach, and it's not for the weak! Not for vegetarians either. It involved back bacon (not the same as the American one, less crispy and thicker but very good too), black pudding (a sort of blood sausage, delicious), sausages, eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms. Some of the ingredients varied, the beans were not always there and once I had haggis (which I think is not a normal part of breakfast) and once "fruit pudding" (I think), very thick and heavy but not bad.

Plus of course toast and fruit. And tea.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #1295
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
It certainly involved my stomach, and it's not for the weak! Not for vegetarians either. It involved back bacon (not the same as the American one, less crispy and thicker but very good too), black pudding (a sort of blood sausage, delicious), sausages, eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms. Some of the ingredients varied, the beans were not always there and once I had haggis (which I think is not a normal part of breakfast) and once "fruit pudding" (I think), very thick and heavy but not bad.

Ahh well this would explain my ol'grans "Kankles" she would have eaten that everyday I suppose, we did eat a lot of the same things when I was a kid. The bacon I think is likely back bacon, very good and worthy of being blamed for the end of many people, but you only live once and back bacon should be consumed at least a few time in life
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #1296
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

That's not a doughnut! Sheesh!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #1297
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That's not a doughnut! Sheesh!
Sorry, I'll try to do better next donut day.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #1298
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's Doughnut Day! And we have to celebrate twice as hard this month for missing last month. Get your Doughnut on, dude!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #1299
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Where's my cruller?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #1300
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I'll take that one, and that one, and that one....
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #1301
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mmmm...maple-glazed.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #1302
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Is it really a donut if it doesn't have a hole?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #1303
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Mmmm...maple-glazed.
Agreed, one of my favorites. Alas, I didn't know about this holiday until it was too late. I'll try and remember next month.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #1304
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Is it really a donut if it doesn't have a hole?
It's more of a giant inflated undercooked yeasty cookie at that point.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #1305
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I had two (2!) blueberry glazed doughnuts this morning and to top it off I just finished an apple baklava with dinner. Yum!

Tags
glace au four