Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Open Calibre with one Genre?

I want to open Calibre only with my favorite Genre (Example: "Kriminalroman").

Is this possible?

Or: How can I change between two databases? I don't find a possibility, to change between different databases.
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
I want to open Calibre only with my favorite Genre (Example: "Kriminalroman").

Is this possible?
Yes. Search on tags:"=Kriminalroman" then save the search (right of the search bar). Now go to the Restrict to dropdown (left of the search bar) and select the saved search this will open your library restricted to the saved search, as if it was a database unto itself.

I open my library with only my Finished Books showing. When I want to clean up some of my non-finished books I go to the Restrict to for my working library which shows only books with that have the tag working.

Essentially using the Restrict To feature allows you to create independent virtual libraries within one giant library. I wrote about it here and here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
Or: How can I change between two databases? I don't find a possibility, to change between different databases.
Dropdown arrow to the right of the library icon and you can switch between libraries.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Create a saved search that finds the books you want. Go to preferences -> behavior -> "restriction to apply when the current library is opened" and select that saved search. From then on, when you open that library you will see only those books. You see all books by changing the box near the top left that will be showing the search name to contain nothing.

You switch libraries by clicking the down arrow on the library toolbar icon (the picture of some books) and selecting "Switch/create library". Navigate to the other library, select the radio button "Use the previously existing library at the new location", and press OK.

[EDIT: I should learn to refresh the thread before I answer to avoid redundant posts if someone else has already answered]

Last edited by chaley; 01-21-2013 at 05:21 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Yes. Search on tags:"=Kriminalroman" then save the search (right of the search bar). Now go to the Restrict to dropdown (left of the search bar) and select the saved search this will open your library restricted to the saved search, as if it was a database unto itself.

I open my library with only my Finished Books showing. When I want to clean up some of my non-finished books I go to the Restrict to for my working library which shows only books with that have the tag working.

Essentially using the Restrict To feature allows you to create independent virtual libraries within one giant library. I wrote about it here and here.

Dropdown arrow to the right of the library icon and you can switch between libraries.
Great, thanks very much.
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Create a saved search that finds the books you want. Go to preferences -> behavior -> "restriction to apply when the current library is opened" and select that saved search. From then on, when you open that library you will see only those books. You see all books by changing the box near the top left that will be showing the search name to contain nothing.
I forgot to include this valuable bit of info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert