Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
roquet
Enthusiast
roquet began at the beginning.

Device: iriver X20, Bookeen Cybook
Displays Japanese text

Can the Cybook Gen3 display Japanese? I'd be interested in having a good Japanese-English dictionary on there (though the main reason for getting it would be to read English novels which are hard to find/expensive in Japan).

Thanks
roquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roquet View Post
Can the Cybook Gen3 display Japanese? I'd be interested in having a good Japanese-English dictionary on there (though the main reason for getting it would be to read English novels which are hard to find/expensive in Japan).

Thanks
It should support japanese through embedded fonts in PDF files.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
roquet
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
It should support japanese through embedded fonts in PDF files.
and could it run an Japanese-English dictionary? The more I think about about it , the less likely it seems. An electronic dictionary, especially where non-roman character languages are involved, can get pretty complicated.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roquet View Post
and could it run an Japanese-English dictionary? The more I think about about it , the less likely it seems. An electronic dictionary, especially where non-roman character languages are involved, can get pretty complicated.
I don't know about this. Is there such a dictionnary available in Mobipocket format ? Look for it on mobipocket's website...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Isnt Japanaese a right to left language? If so, the it is not supported. The CyBook only support left to right languages at the moment.
http://www.bookeen.com/specs/ebook-software.aspx
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
roquet
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Isnt Japanaese a right to left language?
in a book Japanese goes top to bottom and the vertical lines of text go right to left. Doesn't sound like it'll work...