Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Which ebook DRM allows moving to any device with the proper reader software?

Which of the DRM laden ebook formats allow you to move books around to multiple devices? I don't from one Sony Reader to another. For example, if I has a palm running MobiPocket, could I take my books and move them to an iLiad? That sort of thing. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
The Mobipocket DRM is device specific. A device specific key is generated and the book is encrypted with it. So you have to redownload the book for the new device. The book is encrypted with the PID of the new device and can only be read on that device (or on the Desktop Reader which is able to handle decryption with more than one PID).
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If I am not mistaken, the DRM for eReader books uses your credit card info. So you have to out in the info for the credit card that was used at time of purchase. Thus, it becomes able to be read on multiple devices, but you would not want to give it out as your CC info is there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote