Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Cassandra
Prophetess of Doom
Cassandra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle generated apnx files

So, in my Calibre library I have a few azw files, that are originally purchased by me from Amazon, but mysteriously the DRM has become detached from them (something about skindle, no idea what's going on there, I'm sure).

So my question is, is there any way to take Amazon generated apnx files from, say, Kindle for PC with page numbers and add them into the Calibre library in such a way that they would be used in preference to the Calibre auto generated apnx files that are transferred across by Calibre under normal circumstances?
Cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
No. Auxerilery files such as APNX or MPB are not supported by calibre for storage in the library with the book.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Cassandra
Prophetess of Doom
Cassandra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
No. Auxerilery files such as APNX or MPB are not supported by calibre for storage in the library with the book.
How likely is this to get implemented? I'm assuming "not very". It would be nice if last page read info would sync between Calibre and the device as well, which I assume would require a similar functionality.
Cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There are no plans to support aux files. Last page read is so device specific that it would be very difficult.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote