Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Author link exchange?

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn't find anything directly relating to this, so I'm starting a new thread) but here we go. A friend of mine (moondog) in another thread suggested exchanging links. I know we already do this through some of the bigger writing sites, like Indieview, Spalding's Racket and more, but I think his idea of having actual authors share links with each other (well, authors from similar genres, like sci-fi with sci-fi, and romance with romance) via their websites is a splendid idea.

I also know a lot of you probably have blogs on your sites just like I do, so it would be easy to periodically either feature an individual author, or maybe do a periodical post featuring several authors or books at the same time. It might be a good experiment in crowd marketing.

And who knows, it might even expand out a bit by having readers do something similar too, thus further expanding the list of people who are hearing about the books. Either way, it's a good idea. So what do you guys say?
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
Saffina Desforge
Saffina
Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
I think it's a great idea, how can it hurt? I will check you out. Here's mine:
http://saffinadesforges.com
http://saffinadesforges.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/ Safficscribe

Thanks!
Saffina Desforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Absolutely. Sounds like a great idea.
Http://amathar.blogspot.com
Http://twitter.com HistoryWes
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
Saffina Desforge
Saffina
Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Saffina Desforge can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Absolutely. Sounds like a great idea.
Http://amathar.blogspot.com
Http://twitter.com HistoryWes
Got you too!
Saffina Desforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Ok, first three added. Sorry about being slow getting you added, but I don't have an easy way to add your links to my site, so I wanted to add them to the blog instead once I had enough. Either way, they're now added.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
There's certainly nothing wrong with exchanging links, but the search engines do put more weight on one-way links, so if you get a chance to guest blog on other people's sites, that's a great way build links to your site.

Good luck!
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
links

My links:

http://estarbooks.blogspot.com/
www.twitter.com/estarbooks

I am open to guest bloggers! eStar Books focuses on Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #8
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
I have a blog dedicated to free books for Kindle. Happy to consider running a guest post if you have a book on free promotion or want to run a giveaway. I also have a twitter account dedicated to all things kindle. Again I'll consider promoting free & paid books there.

Both have quite high levels of subscribers (the blog has nearly 1,000 Kindle subscribers and the twitter account 20K+ followers) so I can't guarantee to promote every book I'm afraid.

Drop me a PM or post below.

Last edited by greencat; 12-24-2010 at 06:08 AM.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
Sure, highlight blogs all the time over on my website.

http://www.alt-world.com

Arigato,
Nick Davis
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote