Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #61
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Those devices are manufactured by Onyx too. But casadellibro.com is not an Onyx agent or distributor. Those devices are rebranded Onyx devices for an ebook content provider...They use their own software and AFAIK it will be impossible to install the regular Onyx software, our PDF Reader, FB Reader and Cool Reader to those devices.

The selling model is similar to Amazon - you will be able to use content of the seller only. This is why those devices are slightly cheaper than ours. The device price is also offered without additional accessories - they must be purchased separately.
According to the technical, read the same formats that i62HD & Firefly.

However, and in view of his store does not send the Firefly, you have to go looking for other options.

After a long wait since 26/09/12, I made my reservation, I had to cancel for breach of successive Speeds.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
cdvdtux
cdvdtux has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Firefly and Kindle Touch
While waiting for my Firrefly to arrive, I wonder is it allowed to write to it with stylus too? Or just with finger?
cdvdtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #63
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvdtux View Post
While waiting for my Firrefly to arrive, I wonder is it allowed to write to it with stylus too? Or just with finger?
cotton swab is definitely the best solution.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #64
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Dear Inemi,
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
cotton swab is definitely the best solution.
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #65
cdvdtux

I think Inemi mean this http://www.labnol.org/gadgets/make-stylus-pen/19872/ and this http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...minute-stylus/
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #66
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
You definitely need a stylus with a tip that is somewhat thicker than the regular stylus. The stylus must be be able to 'disrupt' the infrared rays that form a grid over the screen.

I use a 'Stabilo smart ball', that I bought to use on my smartphone with capacitive screen (but it didn't work with that phone). However, with my Boox i62HD, it foms a perfect combo).
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
i have simply read and tested (this solution really works!) posts #37 and following https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=183552&page=3

cheers
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #68
cdvdtux

I will buy Stabilo pencil and put cotton swab or two and piece of alu foil in my wallet. Just in case.
Many thanks AneT and Inemi
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #69
szlevi
Enthusiast

I'm joining you in thanksgiving!
Quote:
I will buy Stabilo pencil and put cotton swab or two and piece of alu foil in my wallet. Just in case.
Many thanks AneT and Inemi
Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
szlevi
Enthusiast

Can you make handwritten notes with this tool? Or just navigating your ebook reader? Is that "pen" durable? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
You definitely need a stylus with a tip that is somewhat thicker than the regular stylus. The stylus must be be able to 'disrupt' the infrared rays that form a grid over the screen.

I use a 'Stabilo smart ball', that I bought to use on my smartphone with capacitive screen (but it didn't work with that phone). However, with my Boox i62HD, it foms a perfect combo).
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #71
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
you can use cotton buds as stylus, they are usually used to clean ears and can be bought in pharmacy.
Also common stylus for tablet can be used.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #72
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hello...
do Booxtor now when the I62HD firefly will be in stock again ?
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #73
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadja View Post
Hello...
do Booxtor now when the I62HD firefly will be in stock again ?
Good question I join

In stock only offcut version 4 Gb with a difference in the price 10 euros

I62DH soft touch seems to me, will be the best choice
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #74
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Junior View Post
I62DH soft touch seems to me, will be the best choice
That's the choice I already made.
I bought a I62hd soft touch for me and I was thinking giving a Firefly for a Christmas...
now... I'll think I'll give her the Soft touch... and see if I can live without my ebook reader or not...
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:23 AM   #75
ckarsten
ckarsten began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Keyboard, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Junior View Post
In stock only offcut version 4 Gb with a difference in the price 10 euros
My Firefly 8GB arrived yesterday. It has 4 GB internal memory and comes with a 4 GB microsd and a 16 GB microsd, but only one microsd slot. Certainly not what i expected when i ordered a "ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY 8GB +16GB MicroSD". While looking for what might have gone wrong i found the text "Flash-Speicher eMMC 8GB (4GB on Board + 4GB microSD)" in the german version of the datasheet, the english text does not have the part in brackets.

So, the "8GB" model seems to be the same as the "4GB" one with just different microsd cards.
ckarsten is offline   Reply With Quote