Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Christopher888
Christopher888 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
How do I split two pages into one?

Hi,

I have alot of pdfs that were scanned (legally I might add) and they are jpgs or OCR with a landscape orientation having both pages of the book on one page of the PDF, which of course makes it nearly impossible to view on my sony ereader. I was wondering if a program exists that will allow me to fix this on a book splitting the pages into two pages? Any OS will work, but linux is best. But like I said I have windows too, so any tool will do so long as its automatic. I know in GIMP/Photoshop I can do it manually, but that would take way too long.

Any help appreciated
Chris
Christopher888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If it's images, you can split them with ImageMagick easily enough. There's several ways to do this, go through the usage manual and take your pick, for example:

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/crop/#crop_equal

This kind of requires the split position to be always in the exact same location though (use two separate crop passes if it isn't exactly in the middle).
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
<self-advertisement> You could also try Briss (http://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/) to do the task. Just define two crop rectangles and you should be fine.</self-advertisement>

best regards,
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
Jewl
Jewl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Great pleasure to help you. Because I'm happened to know that a software named PDF Merger may help you. Because this software is a good assistant for you to combine lots of PDF files into one.
hope it can help you more or less!
Jewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewl View Post
Great pleasure to help you. Because I'm happened to know that a software named PDF Merger may help you. Because this software is a good assistant for you to combine lots of PDF files into one.
hope it can help you more or less!
(1) You're more than two weeks late, (2), the original poster is trying to split pages, not combine them, (3) anyone who would pay $30 for a program to combine PDFs when there are at least a half dozen free, open source programs that would do this is a giant sucker. I suspect ulterior motives here.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote