Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
kuliand
Connoisseur
kuliand doesn't litterkuliand doesn't litter

Device: sony prs505
which ebook readers have searching?

I currently have a sony prs505 but would like a new ebook reader in the near future with a larger screen and the ability to search all books in any format most of books are PDF so do any ebook readers have the ability to search PDF's.
kuliand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If you can hold out for a while, the Sony Daily should be out in the next few months, although features are just a guess at the moment. Other than that, you're probably looking at either the Kindle DX, which isn't that hot at PDF as I understand it, or one of the iRex Digital Readers, which should be quite capable of what you want, but the price is steep.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Oddly enough, the Ectaco jetBook, which has a pretty primitive renderer, has excellent search and dictionary functions. It comes from Ectaco being primarily a dictionary and translation company.

Edit: Except for pdfs, I just noticed. Sorry.

Regards,
Jack Tingle

Last edited by Jack Tingle; 11-03-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote