Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
App that defaults to a Category/Collection view?

So I'm looking for an Android app that can open up to a default of a Category/Tag/Whatever View where it can present the different sections to look at. I know there are tons of them out there that support tags/categories but I haven't found any where the home page can be a list of those tags. Does anyone know of anything like this?

I want this so that when my kids turn on our tablet, then can launch the app and then get into the Kid's Books area with 1 tap and not have to figure out how to navigate through menus and things like that.

Also, if the app could be set to look in a certain folder and automatically scan that folder for new books every time you open the app, that'd be awesome as well.

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Mantano has a list on the left side, in the main view, that can be used like this.

In the list can be collections, folders, recently added, tags, authors or whatever you like. I usually have collections there. I create the collections from folder view.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert