Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #46
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by katewilly View Post
If not an April's Fool joke, this would be great. Although my Sony would have to pried, and I mean PRIED out of my cold dead hands, I'm open to my husband owning a Kindle. I know him, better than anyone else, and I can see where a Kindle would be a good fit for him.
Awesome funny visual! Cool!

Whereabouts in Ala are you?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #47
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
You got me! I'm just too trusting. And forgetful. I forgot to turn the page on my calendar!

I really feel sorry for people whose birthday is on the first of the month (and especially this month), because I always miss it. I forget to change the page of my calendar soon enough. I easily lose track of what day it is, since I became a stay@home mom. And today would be...?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #48
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
LOL at this thread. And do the people going to Walmart read?
YES! I most emphatically do! I can't vouch for the other millions...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #49
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Walmart's always had a book section ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #50
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Walmart's always had a book section ....
That's where you'll find my husband if he gets dragged along, as I search for deals down every aisle!
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #51
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Now this was just mean (just like the next post). Since my original PRS-500 is starting to act up, I'm thinking I'll be in the market for a new reader and was considering the K2. Now if I could have gotten a good price cut by visiting the local Wal-Mart or Sam's Club (dunno anyone who has a membership, but I'd find someone...somehow) then count me in. Then the Rick Roll made me cry...

Good one though!
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #52
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
You got me! I'm just too trusting. And forgetful. I forgot to turn the page on my calendar!

I really feel sorry for people whose birthday is on the first of the month (and especially this month), because I always miss it. I forget to change the page of my calendar soon enough. I easily lose track of what day it is, since I became a stay@home mom. And today would be...?
My mom's birthday is today and she's always loved it. Everyone is always trying to one up each other to pull a fast one on her and she does her best to pull her own pranks. I was caught off guard because mobileread played on my secret desire to save some money on a new PRS-700 or K2. This is still the only prank I got suckered into believing for the day though.

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. If I was less of an idiot, I would have just edited my last comment to include the above...

Last edited by L1Wulf; 04-01-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: cause i'm an idiot ;)
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, L1wulf.

Looks like we have another one, folks.!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #54
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1Wulf View Post
My mom's birthday is today and she's always loved it. Everyone is always trying to one up each other to pull a fast one on her and she does her best to pull her own pranks.
I guess that would make for a pretty fun birthday! I'm glad she enjoys it!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, L1wulf.

Looks like we have another one, folks.!
In going back and reading this, along with the post it came from, I realized I really sound like I'm calling you an idiot.

NO NO NO!!! My mind was saying one thing, which my post didn't reflect.

I meant, truly meant, "looks like we have another MR member with a sense of humor."

I am so sorry if I offended you, L1wulf.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #56
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
a day early, and still not very funny
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #57
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exreader View Post
a day early, and still not very funny
It is only a day early if you are so parochial that you forget the other time zones on this planet. I posted it based on GMT.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #58
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It is only a day early if you are so parochial that you forget the other time zones on this planet. I posted it based on GMT.
timezones is timezones for a reason; keeps all that bad stuff from happening at once.
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #59
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
I always thought it made a lot of sense to be in the retail channel. This is the type of product that a lot of mainstream buyers would have to look at...and feal. it's the nature of electronics. this is a high priced product that requires selling effort. just a website simply isn't going to cut it for a lot of people.

The consumer needs to experience this product before the purchase....certainly for most consumers on a budget. Although, Kindle was greatly helped by the Sony ereader which grew the category for it and was in retail...thus to a certain extent it was freeriding. on the sony.

Overall, I retail is the next step in the market for the kindle. growth will be explosive from here...only thing holding it back is the manufacturing of the screens.

is the kindle like the ipod where they make the money on thehardware or is it like a printer, where u make the money on the cartridge? it would seem the printer model makes more sense of amazon.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stupid april fools joke