Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #16
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Raise me a crop of dental floss. Gonna be a dental floss...... tycoon

Sometimes life gets so strange that Frank Zappa starts making sense and that gets kind of disturbing.

Anyway, flying to Denver Sunday to drive to Wyoming to handle legal matters that are best left undiscussed on an open forum
sigh
dynamo hum, dynamo Humm mmm mmm to
When you can understand and make sense of the lyrics of Tom Waits "Telephone call from Istanbul" - thats when life truly gets surreal...

5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Anyone that watched ALL of "200 Motels" and could follow the plot .... now THAT'S scary!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #18
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Oh yeah -- I remember the kid's name (now that you mention it). And that was BEFORE weird names were popular. (Like Apple, etc)
Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #19
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
When you can understand and make sense of the lyrics of Tom Waits "Telephone call from Istanbul" - thats when life truly gets surreal...

I think you need to be firmly established with his good buddy jack to understand a great deal of what he was on about

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Anyone that watched ALL of "200 Motels" and could follow the plot .... now THAT'S scary!
Completely lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow
We used to sing that at ski school
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin.
I wonder how many of them changed their name later..... Especially that last one.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wonder how many of them changed their name later..... Especially that last one.
I think I completely missed the last one. I'm going to chalk it up to having been overseas so often and I think I can safely say that I NEVER heard Zappa on AFN
Old 10-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #23
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Instead of driving to Wyoming, why not just get a pygmy pony?
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Meh that would take to long. And I like full sized horses anyway
Old 10-27-2014, 04:32 AM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Made it into cheyenne last night. Tilled in my first crop of dental floss
Old 10-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought you were still looking for your comb? And trying to close that window .....

(note, I didn't check the time stamp on that message)
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Those are about 1500 miles away now. Pretty sure Strider took it, he is obsessed with things that smell like my head. I gave up and bought a new one. Long day today cheyenne to Casper and back, about 400 miles. Mostly frustrating, I had forgotten a key piece of i.d. at the hotel, that's not normally like me. Supposedly I'll be able to wrap it up tomorrow here in cheyenne. Hope so, the altitude is kicking my ass. I forgot to start taking iron before I came out. Headed for the hot tub then bed
Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #28
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Hope so, the altitude is kicking my ass. I forgot to start taking iron before I came out.
Eeenteresting -- I haven't heard of this before. What are the effects? (Of course, if I don't know the effects, then I won't imagine, some day, that I'm suffering from them.... )
Old 10-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Shortness of breath, headaches, fatigue. All of which is really sad as I grew up over 7000 feet in altitude. I'm feeling better today except for being tired and that's just because I'm not sleeping well now