Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
niggle
niggle began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Onxy Boox A60 and SD card

I've searched on the forum for this topic and can't find anything relevant. I have an 8gb SD card in my Onyx Boox (Sandisc SDHC). This holds my entire library - there's nothing on the flash drive in the Boox itself.

This works fine. The only problem I have is that when I want to access the card by connecting the Boox to my computer via the USB cable, the SD card is visible (as drive G) but not accessible (it comes up I/o error when I try to click on it.)

This is not a huge problem as I can always add books by taking the card out and using a card reader, but it would be nice to be able to add them directly through the USB connection.

I've tried reformatting the card as FAT32, and initially this seemed to work, the card was visible and accessible and I started to copy my library onto it via the USB connection. After about 10 minutes the process hung, and the card became inaccessible again.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?
niggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The first thing to find out is which part of the chain causes the problem. Try another USB cable, try another USB port, try another computer, try another SD card.
The USB cable that came with the Boox may not be that reliable (it gave me problems). Also, USB port on the front of desktop computers tend to be a bit less reliable than those on the back.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
niggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
The first thing to find out is which part of the chain causes the problem. Try another USB cable, try another USB port, try another computer, try another SD card.
The USB cable that came with the Boox may not be that reliable (it gave me problems). Also, USB port on the front of desktop computers tend to be a bit less reliable than those on the back.
Thanks for the response...I tried again using a different cable, a different SD card (4gb), and connecting to the USB port on the back of the computer...same response (or lack thereof!). My Pocketbook 602 connects with no problem...I'll try using my laptop tonight.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I don't know if A60 is anything like the M9x series, but you could try the attached script to get the system log that could tell us more. Just unzip the attached file and put the contained file anywhere in the Boox, open it and it should create a file (dmesg.txt) that you can read or send me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip get_dmesg.zip (242 Bytes, 305 views)
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
niggle

Sorry for delayed response, I've been away. Many thanks for your help. I'll give this a try in a couple of days.