Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Different formats - UPLOAD?

Hi
Newbie here! If I have a book in two or more formats and do an upload to my 505, how do I know / control which format is sent?
Many thanks
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
It's either the setting in Preferences -> General -> Format for single file save or it's the one in the Output box on the right on the main screen. I'm not sure which or if one overrides the other.

You can also click on the dropdown selector next to the Send to Device button and change it to send a specific format to device (I guess Calibre prompts you for the format when you do it?).
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks!

Thank you for that!!
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce
It's either the setting in Preferences -> General -> Format for single file save or it's the one in the Output box on the right on the main screen. I'm not sure which or if one overrides the other.
It's neither. "Format for single file save" sets the format when you use the save to disk button and select single format. The Output box on the right sets the format for conversion and news downloads. You were right that select format when sending to device is the correct way to put a specific format onto the device. If you don't specify a format it sends the first format it finds in the list of supported formats for the device.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Hmmm. Any chance of exposing that list and making it configurable in the GUI? That way people can select their default preference for their device...
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on the anvil for 0.6, though whether it makes it or not, greatly depends on how much time I have to spend defending my thesis.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's on the anvil for 0.6, though whether it makes it or not, greatly depends on how much time I have to spend defending my thesis.
Good luck on this, you already proofed how competent and assiduous you were with your pet project Calibre !

Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote