Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question Font sizes

How can I prevent calibre from making some font sizes so small, I can't read the text?

Some CSS declarations have this and even smaller font sizes.

Code:
font-size: 0.41667em
I have no problem with the body text, but sometimes dedications, copyright pages, etc have these font sizes.

What I would like to find out is if there's a way I can set up calibre to not use fonts smaller than say...0.9em while leaving the rest of the font sizes untouched.

Many thanks!

Last edited by paulfiera; 08-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
How can I prevent calibre from making some font sizes so small, I can't read the text?

Some CSS declarations have this and even smaller font sizes.

Code:
font-size: 0.41667em
I have no problem with the body text, but sometimes dedications, copyright pages, etc have these font sizes.

What I would like to find out is if there's a way I can set up calibre to not use fonts smaller than say...0.9em while leaving the rest of the font sizes untouched.

Many thanks!
That is what the font size key in conversion options is for.

edit the lower sets of (small) numbers upwards
This is mine with a base font set at 19.2 (arrived at by trial and error)
Code:
12.0, 12.0, 14.0, 16.0, 18.0, 20.0, 22.0, 24.0
as you can see, the 2 smallest sizes are rendered the same size
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is what the font size key in conversion options is for.

edit the lower sets of (small) numbers upwards
This is mine with a base font set at 19.2 (arrived at by trial and error)
Code:
12.0, 12.0, 14.0, 16.0, 18.0, 20.0, 22.0, 24.0
as you can see, the 2 smallest sizes are rendered the same size
Thanks, theducks.

I knew there was a setting somewhere but couldn't remember where
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote