Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Mobipocket problem with documents in Korean language.

Mobipocket Viewer for iLiad does not support Korean documents. I thought it is a matter of locale. So I copied 'ko_KR.utf8' and 'ko_KR.euckr' from a linux machine to iLiad: /usr/lib/locale.

Now, from the settings menu, I can choose Korean(한국어) as iLiad system language. I can verify this from the er_registry.txt file.

Of course, Korean true typed fonts are installed and my iLiad displays Korean filenames successfully on the content lister.

But still no Korean characters from the Mobipocket Viewer. I can read Korean Mobipocket documents with FBReader and there's no problem. (The documents are encoded as UTF-8.)

I've looked into the /home/intent/runmobi.sh file carefully, although I don't really understand the script language. Anyway, I've found a LocalMessage_ko.jar file may be needed to display Korean characters. Now I'm wondering where I can find it.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote