Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
dasaint
dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dasaint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Kindle Touch ,Kindle 3 and PRS500
Sharing wifi via Mac

I have been using my Mac mini to share the internet wireless using its airport .
I have connected a number of devices like the Ipod touch , PSP etc.

However when I connect my Kindle 3 it wont connect.
Does anyone have a similar experience ? what should i look for?

Thanks
dasaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
I'm not sure of the technicalities but my understanding is that the Kindle won't connect with that sort of arrangement - not sure what the technical terms are. You will need a wifi router. Connect your internet connection to that, and then all of your devices, including the mini, will connect to the router. Routers are dirt cheap nowadays.

I'm pretty certain I'm correct on all that, but not being an expert I could be wrong.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert