vribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #18
Carlton
Carlton began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by vribeiro View Post
Install the PhoenyxSuite and try again
After getting "error: device not found" repeatedly, I triple-checked to make sure I followed all steps exactly, installed PhoenixSuit, etc. but I am still having no luck. I am slowly giving up hope. If anyone has other tips for getting past this error on a Windows 8.1 PC, please share.

I am extremely frustrated with Arta Tech (onyx-boox.com) for selling me a device that lacks the ability to export annotations and that has firmware that is NEVER updated and, worse, cannot be updated. If you contact their customer support, they will tell you they are just sellers and don't know anything about the firmware. To anyone thinking of buying the M96, please learn from my expensive mistake and buy directly from Booxstor.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:37 AM   #19
vribeiro
vribeiro began at the beginning.

On the end of the fist message of this thread you have:
"The only thing important is to have installed on Windows the last ADB driver, it is incluided on my package: root.7z. Inside of this package you have an installer for the official Google USB Driver (our device use the Nexus One driver for ADB)."

uninstall the phoenix suite and use the driver on the root.7z, aldo check the device manager if the driver you are using is the correct.

As for the Arta Tech, I'm over a month waiting for support on my M96, without an answer for my emails over a week...

Last edited by vribeiro; 07-01-2015 at 06:40 AM.
vribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #20
Carlton
Carlton began at the beginning.

Error: Device Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by vribeiro View Post
uninstall the phoenix suite and use the driver on the root.7z, aldo check the device manager if the driver you are using is the correct.
I really appreciate the tips--and this whole message thread--for providing the technical support that onyx-boox.com fails to provide. I uninstalled PhoenixSuit and used the driver on root7z and triple-checked that I followed all the steps exactly, but have not gotten past the "device not found" error that appears at the Command Prompt. (I also tried everything on an old Win7 machine and hit the same wall.)

When I looked under the device manager, I saw many USB controllers and couldn't tell which one might be ABD if it is there at all. The installer says the ABD driver was successfully installed but I don't see anything with ABD, Android or Google in the properties. Does anyone know how to confirm the driver was actually installed?

Thanks again.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #21
mffolledo
mffolledo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
Help needed

First of all, I apologize for the extension.
Ok, here I am in trouble again. Believe me or not, but I didn’t do it by myself (at least not in purpose).
My M96 is bricked again. I’ve tried kuskro’s solution, but it didn’t work out this time. It seems that my PC is not recognizing the device (I got “Device not found” when I ran adb reboot download). I guess that the problem here is that the reader might have debugging disabled. Question: is it possible to enable debugging from the PC? Or, could it be something related with my PC (I didn’t try another one), and not the device itself, or with the usb drivers I’ve installed (thou I used the ones provided in this post)?
Besides that, apparently, it is possible to set the reader into recovery mode and into fastboot mode, following the instructions described in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M96.
In recovery mode (after pressing all the keys in the correct order, and getting the changes in the led color mentioned in the post), I only got a black screen (with the led light in blue). So either it actually didn’t work, or I can’t see the options (for instance 'apply update from external storage', that I would like to perform). My question here is: is it possible that the options are there, but for some reason I’m not able to actually see them? And if so, would it be possible to initiate a recovery “blindfolded” (getting precise instructions like: with the image file saved in the SD card outside any folder, once recovery mode is on, press 2 times back key, then next key, and so on.)?.
If that’s not possible: is there anything I can do with fastboot mode on? I didn’t try to connect the reader with the PC in this mode, but when I do it, what’s next?
I declare myself ignorant in these themes (as you probably have guessed by now), but it’s impossible for me to send the reader to the seller for a service (it would be too expensive).
Thanks in advance for your comments.
mffolledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #22
jlinden
Connoisseur
jlinden began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Sony TS-1, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox M96
Hi,
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my Artatech M96 to Booxtor version.
Everything worked fine. Thanks to all who made this possible. Now I can finally use the Booxtor/Onyx international firmware upgrades.
Whoopiee... I can now make annotations!! Maybe even export them; I did'nt try yet.
I saved my old Ivona folder. Is it possible to use it with the Booxtor version?
Thank you all,

Jan
jlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:15 AM   #23
FredL
FredL is on a distinguished road

jlinden, what technique did you use to upgrade your M96?
FredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #24
jlinden
Connoisseur

I used the procedure at the beginning of this thread by kuskro
Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #25
FredL

For the lucky ones who've managed to get ADB working, in Device Manager, can you confirm the driver you have is:

Provider: Android ADB Interface
Date: 28/08/2014
Version: 11.0.0.0
Signer: Google, inc

In device manager, on my PC it's listed as being under "Android Device".

Also, could you check the following file:

C:\Users\<username>\.android\adb_usb.ini

Mine just contains the following vendor ID:

0x0531

Finally, which ADB version are you using? Mine is 1.0.25 (the version on the latest google SDK is slightly higher, but I still get the same results).
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 AM   #26
jlinden
Connoisseur

Sorry,can't find any of the files you mention...
just followed the instructions by kuskro and it worked
Old 08-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #27
FredL

OK, I managed to get this working by using a Windows 7 laptop instead of the Windows 8 (then upgraded to Windows 10) laptop I had been using previously. Perhaps this is a problem with Windows 8 or 10.

I followed the procedure outlined in the first post with only a couple of differences; I used the ADB driver from the latest Android SDK (not sure if this would actually make difference). I also didn't have to install a USB driver.

In Device Manager (Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager), the tablet appears as:

Android Device
Android Composite ADB Interface

...with the following driver settings:
Provider: Google, inc
Date: 23/05/2014
Version: 4.0.0.0

Hope this helps anyone else stuck with "Device Not Found".

Last edited by FredL; 08-29-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #28
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredL View Post
...with the following driver settings:
Provider: Google, inc
Date: 23/05/2014
Version: 4.0.0.0

Hope this helps anyone else stuck with "Device Not Found".
Thank you.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:14 AM   #29
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Is there a way to install Ivona TTS with the booxtor firmware?
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #30
Horio
Horio began at the beginning.

To everyone still stuck at the "device not found" error message,

I’ve found another solution to resolve the issue! At least for me it worked and maybe this can help someone else as well.

Try the following:
Start the command prompt (not via the shortcut in the adb folder, but via the start menu in windows or windows key + r, type "cmd" and press enter).
In the command line type: adb devices (enter)
Do you receive the following error message?
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
If you do, you might have the same problem that I had and the following steps could resolve the issue. It worked for me using Windows 10 and the M96 Universe (purchased from onyx-boox.com).

1. If you haven't already, download the adb package and the MFG tool (see first post in this thread). Unzip the folders and install the adb driver. Then restart your computer.
2. Make sure your M96 is in debugging mode and connect it to your computer. (Ignore the question about connecting your device for USB storage).
3. On your computer, open the command prompt via the start menu in windows (or windows key + r, type “cmd" and press enter). Then execute the following three commands, while the address C:/Users/Horio/Downloads/adb in the first two commands should be replaced by the path of your unzipped adb folder:

set ANDROID_PLATFORM_TOOLS="C:\Users\Horio\Downloads\a db" (enter)
set ANDROID_TOOLS="C:\Users\Horio\Downloads\adb" (enter)
set path=%path%;%ANDROID_PLATFORM_TOOLS%;%ANDROID_TOOL S% (enter)

Important: Do NOT close the command prompt before completing all steps.

4. The problem should be fixed now. To check if it worked, type "adb devices" (without quotation marks) in the command prompt and press enter. You should now receive a list of attached devices.
5. Now go to the adb folder and start the command prompt via the shortcut in that folder. In the command line type: adb reboot download (enter).
(I still received the "device not found" error at this point. I just continued to the next step and it still worked!)
6. Start the MFG tool. It should now recognize your device! Press start and wait until the process is finished, then exit.
7. Now reboot your M96. It should now run on the Booxtor version and you can download and install the updates by Booxtor!

I hope this is helpful.

(Some credit for this goes to: http://zacktutorials.blogspot.be/201...ternal-or.html)
Horio is offline   Reply With Quote