Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
spinsheet
spinsheet began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Convert .prc to epub

I just bought my daughter a Nook for Christmas and I would like to convert her collection of Kindle books so that they will work on the Nook. She is currently reading Kindle books on her Android phone via the Kindle app. I looked on her phone and found the books, the names all seem to be in the format B000SEIJNI_EBOK.mbp/B000SEIJNI_EBOK.prc. I pulled them over to my computer and tried the following:

Code:
python kindlepid.py XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
and the PID was returned. I then ran the following:
Code:
python mobidedrm2.py B000SEIJNI_EBOK.prc B000SEIJNI_EBOK.mobi XXXXXXXXXX
And this was returned:
Quote:
MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect
I rechecked the PID and it seems to be the correct one. Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong?

If it makes a difference I'm doing this on Linux Mint 13.

Thanks!
spinsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You won't get de-DRM instructions on this forum. Try posing your query on Apprentice Alf's site.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's against our site policy to provide detailed help with DRM-removal, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Couple of tips:

1. As already pointed out - Apprentice Alf is EVERYONE's friend
2. Calibre

Good Luck!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote