Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Russellsstudent
Russellsstudent began at the beginning.

Device: none
TOC peculiarities

I am converting a book using Mobi pocket creator, it converts to epub with no problems but there is one peculiarity. The TOC generates as usual. I then open the prc file and open the TOC. When I click on any chapter the image I inserted above the chapter heading (below the page break, above the heading) gets pushed to the previous page, but only here. When I page thru the book, the image and heading are on the same page. Why doesn't the link created by the TOC generation allow the image to appear ? Sorry for the wordiness, I don't know how else to describe what is going on. Thanks for your help.
Russellsstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The anchor for the link from the toc must come before any formatting tags (or elements that are styled using CSS). I'm guessing the link anchor (or id) comes either after, or at the same level as the chapter image.

Don't link to an anchor/id that's inside another block element, or you risk losing any styling assigned to that element when following the link.

It's a known mobi limitation.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert