Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #3976
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathertyme View Post
should I uninstall FFDL now that FFF is installed?
You can--FanFicFare has all the same functionality, plus the latest updates. FFDL won't be removed just yet; but it will be, after FanFicFare is proven to be working correctly through the normal in-program distribution channel.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 AM   #3977
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Hi JimmXinu.

Would this be possible:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=4

Thanks so much in advance
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #3978
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FanFicFare & Sub-forum?

FanFicFare

[GUI Plugin] FanFicFare is now live in it's own thread and available for download via the normal Calibre plugin install process.

You should install and use FanFicFare instead of FFDL from now on--that's where all the new changes will be.

FanFicFare will copy your settings from FFDL (but not saved window sizes, disabled warnings or hot keys). You may uninstall FFDL whenever you are comfortable doing so.

Sub-Forum?

There's also a discussion going on in the FanFiction Plugin Subforum? thread about whether I should ask the MobileRead mods for a separate FanFicFare sub-forum in E-Book Software--or possibly a sub-sub-forum of Calibre > Plugins. (FanFicFare does have non-plugin users as well.)

So far, most responses have been from mods discussing it from an organizational and technical point of view--no users opining 'yes, I'd use that more/that would be better'. Which suggests to me there isn't enough user interest to make the request.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:23 AM   #3979
baggins41
Enthusiast
baggins41 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen.)
You might want to update the first post of this thread to point folks toward the new plugin.

Also, maybe you could put a note about the deprecation in the version history and/or description that shows up in the "Update plugins" window for Calibre? Having something show up in the update list as "deprecated" with instructions saying it should be uninstalled but no immediate indication as to why was a bit confusing and disconcerting.

Until I remembered this thread existed and found the explanation, I was a bit worried maybe the code had been compromised and the Calibre team had killed the plugin because of a security risk.

Last edited by baggins41; 04-18-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #3980
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggins41 View Post
You might want to update the first post of this thread to point folks toward the new plugin.
Done. Thanks for reminding me.
Advert
Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #3981
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi
My main Calibre fanfiction library crashed. As in the metadata.db file is damaged. I tried rebuilding it, I got error messages. I tried deleting the db file (well I renamed it) and creating a new one and restoring it and got error messages.

The main error message was:
ERROR: Failed: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 125, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 277, in replace_db
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I turned off the virus program and reran it. I deleted the virus program (Panda) and ran it. Same error after running for over 24 hours. I tried to just add the books into the blank library. didn't work. I got my backup library that i unfortunately had not backed up to in about 2 weeks. I copied the two weeks worth of files to another drive, and then added them. But they didn't carry over the metadata - i.e. the chapters/pages/summaries

My question is, I read something about that the data is there, and there is a way to recover it? I really don't want to manually have to re-add all this stuff again.

Thanks for any help. I really love this program and this has been really frustrating. Because it couldn't happen after I updated my back-up. Sigh.
Thanks!
Old 05-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #3982
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The FanFictionDownLoader plugin has been replaced. See the new FanFicFare plugin that replaced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellachanted View Post
My main Calibre fanfiction library crashed.
My question is, I read something about that the data is there, and there is a way to recover it? I really don't want to manually have to re-add all this stuff again.
I don't know anything about library recovery--check the calibre manual, FAQs and general forums if you need more help on that.

As for repopulating calibre columns for fanfics, the 'Update Calibre Metadata Only' option is what you're looking for.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 PM   #3983
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The FanFictionDownLoader plugin has been replaced. See the new FanFicFare plugin that replaced it.

I don't know anything about library recovery--check the calibre manual, FAQs and general forums if you need more help on that.

As for repopulating calibre columns for fanfics, the 'Update Calibre Metadata Only' option is what you're looking for.
Thanks!

I finally found a post that fixed it. Not sure what was different but I removed the metadata.db file and it came back this time. I just knew that if I had to rebuild it, the metadata was there but not copying and many of these fanfics have been pulled so updating wasn't working.

My impression from the discussion I had read was that FFDL/FFF would download all the data, but would only fill in what was assigned to a column. Is this correct? Just for future knowledge. I know me. I can crash a Mac. Which is why I have PC's.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #3984
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellachanted View Post
My impression from the discussion I had read was that FFDL/FFF would download all the data, but would only fill in what was assigned to a column. Is this correct?
Yes. You have to configure what data you want put in which columns.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:10 PM   #3985
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Mod please close thread?

Could one of the mods please close or lock this thread to prevent new posts? Thanks.

FanFicFare contains all the same features plus new sites, features and fixes.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #3986
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Thread closed at OP's request - see prior post for new thread
Closed Thread