Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
When working on Saturday has its perks....

My Sony Reader showed up today at work in a USPS Priority Mail package. After a long wait (I ordered it on Feb. 23rd) it has finally arrived. Not sure how much time I'll have to enjoy it before April 15 since I'm surrounded by stacks of tax returns, but what after the 15th, watch out!

The kind folks at Books on Board offered to send me a different color since the blue Readers were backordered, but I decided to wait. They told me that ALL of the orders they receive from military personnel stationed overseas are for the blue Readers. Apparently, it's the most patriotic color.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Don't forget that Blue Readers make you smarter and read faster.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Better looking too!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Better looking too!
Really, the Blue Readers make you smarter, make you read faster AND make you better looking?

I never saw THAT in the fine print. Sounds like you get much more for your money with the Blue one. Good decision.

Please let us know how much better looking you get now that you've gotten the Blue Reader. Do keep us posted.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
But the red is patriotic, too. And I think most everything should be red! I have the red reader - my husband finally got it for me for Christmas to replace my silver one. He was worn down by my year of whining about how I wish I could have the red PRS-505 and how I never get the red electronics because I have to get something immediately - before they release the red ones.

I find the red one is faster, better to hold, has higher resolution, and is just superior in every way.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert