Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #16
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
You can also use the Edit Book feature in Calibre to go into the file and edit, delete, or change the code that is creating the line spaces between paragraphs. It would be much quicker than waiting a long time for the conversion process. There might be one line between every paragraph that could be quickly deleted in the entire file by using the find and replace function. Or it could be a simple change in the margin line in the appropriate CSS class that is found in the .css file.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
You can also use the Edit Book feature in Calibre to go into the file and edit, delete, or change the code that is creating the line spaces between paragraphs. It would be much quicker than waiting a long time for the conversion process. There might be one line between every paragraph that could be quickly deleted in the entire file by using the find and replace function. Or it could be a simple change in the margin line in the appropriate CSS class that is found in the .css file.
  1. This is a necrobumped thread, the OP doesn't need help anymore.
  2. Edit E-Book didn't exist 5 years ago.
  3. You cannot open MOBI in the Editor, so yes, conversion IS still required.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 06:22 AM   #18
Jochen K.
Jochen K. began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4 (no second device to lug around)
Hi,

I can support the "just be patient" advice; yesterday, on a 64 bit notebook, converting a 95 MB Epub file to .txt format took between 16 and 23 hours (it finished some time while I was sleeping).

P.S. Beware of the technical side of this excellent forum:
I typed this, clicked on "Post..." and was told that I had been logged off (which is ok - my last activity was a day ago), but after logging in my text had vanished, which is not ok.
I re-typed the text, copied it to the clip-board - you never know - and hit "Post..." again; this time I was told to click "Back" because the token had expired (ok again), but when I did so, my text had vanished AGAIN - not ok, other forum engines do this better.

So, having refreshed the window, here's the third attempt - after again copying to the clipboard ;-) ...
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:31 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Jochen K. - you're unlikely get any feedback regarding your problems with the behaviour of the forum here, but you should if you post them here ==>> Feedback

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote