Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
The Scarlett Letter

The other topic about Moby Dick reminded me of when I read The Scarlet Letter a few years ago. Unlike Moby Dick, I kept reading The Scarlet Letter and expecting/hoping that it would get better. I finished the entire book and it never did get any better.

The premise of the book and the character interactions had the potential to be a good read. Too bad that the author never managed to make the story or the characters interesting.

Why did I finish reading the entire, lengthy book? Like I said, I kept thinking that it had to get better. I was wrong. I've watched a few movies that were the same. At the end, I just said to myself, "that was a waste of time".

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I enjoyed The Scarlet Letter and found it a fascinating study of character and hypocrisy. It wasn't about the story as much as it was about the characters and about how the masses accept the veneer of morality for actual morality.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote