Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #256
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'm at the Mall of Georgia almost every Saturday at noon eating sushi with both my iPad 2 and a Kindle Fire with me.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #257
cmkread
cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook touch
Good advice whenever you are meeting someone who is unknown to you.... meet in a very very public place as well as where you park so they cannot follow you or do something else to you. It's such a great service that us good people like to do, but the evil are ALWAYS lurking... you just have to use your brains at all times, and not get too giddy about your gadgets only
cmkread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #258
cmkread
cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmkread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook touch
I am so tired of reading about all the features of devices in reviews, only to go into the forum and see issues...
I was all ready to buy a nook backlight, and read about 200 people having pinholes
then I bought a prs900 and read that the glare is horrible. I just bought a Nook touch because i like the eink pearl, the expandable slot ability to use calibre, etc., I've never used an ereader and wanted to just get started with the best possible choice and becuz technology changes so much, it's hard to get a new review... and the reviews that the so to call, experts do, do not follow the post intro of problems... only forums and blogs do. Do you know a good site for getting at the truth. I see many people like Kobo, but slow, and many people like Kindle, but then it was out there for awhile and now amazon has commercials that ruin that... so screw that.. I just want an honest comparison from someone who wants to read epub library books, has a computer and itunes, and calibre, and a little bit of brains too
cmkread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #259
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkread View Post
I've never used an ereader and wanted to just get started with the best possible choice and becuz technology changes so much, it's hard to get a new review...
The good news:
Most avid readers who get ereaders, love whichever one they get. They all have some problems; most people learn to work through them fairly quickly and don't even notice those problems after a little while.

The bad news:
Nothing deals well with PDFs. This is a flaw of PDFs, not ereaders or other devices; PDFs were designed as a print-ready format.

Whatever you get, there'll be something with better bells and whistles available in six months. Possibly in six weeks.

Best option:
Sort out which features are most important to you--
Ability to buy from a store using just the device?
Long battery life?
Library ebook support?
Ability play movies?
Web browser?
Lowest price?
Little bit of everything?

... and so on. Figure out what you want to use it for, and post in the Which One Should I Buy? forum, and people will suggest which devices work best for that.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #260
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Kindle does not have to have ads, you can pay a small amount to make them go away. From what I understand, the ads are pretty unobtrusive. They are on the homescreen and screen savers only.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show