Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
grumble69
grumble69 began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Excite
moon+ reader out of memory

I am working on converting the ESV Student Study Bible (purchased on Amazon) to a format that I can read on my moon+ reader on my tablet. The conversion seems to go ok. But when I trying to pull the finished product into moon+, I get an out of memory error. I've tried .mobi and .fb2 so far.It is a large book, around 27megs. But I would think it would be ok. Any ideas?

I've tried other books and didn't have any issues. I'm just having problems with the Bible. ...and the irony is not lost on me.
grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
The line of least resistance would be to use the Kindle app.

From Amazon, converting to mobi ought to be petty clean.
Otherwise, I'd convert to epub - one of those two is likely to be the effective "native" format of Moon+
FB2 - not good, uses a single file and an inefficient image encoding format.
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2015, 01:57 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I don't think the size of the book is the issue; rather it will be all of the index entries, footnotes and similar entries.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:21 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I don't think the size of the book is the issue; rather it will be all of the index entries, footnotes and similar entries.
Yes, exactly. Such books need huge amounts of memory to store the parse tree. I also have the ESV Study Bible in Kindle format and Calibre can't convert it to to ePub - it runs out of memory. (I have 4GB RAM on my laptop.)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote