Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
technosavvy
technosavvy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Kobo Vox
Question Book covers don't show in Kobo Library

I recently purchased Kobo Vox, and it works wonderfully. I have ebooks through iBooks and added them to Calibre (version 0.8.32 for mac). When I added the, some of the book covers didn't show. I had to download the pictures or add it through my computer. Then I added the ebooks to the Kobo Vox, but the book covers don't show up. I looked online, and it was suggested to convert the epub then it would work. I tried that, but the DRM is protected on the books. I even have epud DRM removal program, and it still didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do so the book covers will show up? I really like to see the pictures to show up for the ebooks.

technosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
iBooks have a form of DRM for which there are no removal tools. You can remove the DRM on books bought from various places, including B&N, Sony, & Amazon, but not the DRM from Apple. You can also not remove the DRM from kobo kepub books, but as you can almost always download ePUBs from kobo as well with Adobe DRM, it's not usually an issue.

There is a Vox subforum, btw.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
technosavvy

Oh I didn't know the vox subforum. I'm new here. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
iBooks have a form of DRM for which there are no removal tools.
Apple's DRM can be broken if you own a jail-broken iPhone.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
technosavvy

The strange thing is some books purchased through iBooks the covers show up, while others don't. It's really odd! Does anyone know why that happens?
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I got a free ebook from amazon the other day.
I found the location of where the PC Kindle reader dumps the ebook and moved it into my calibre program which I assume had stripped the DRM as I could easily convert it to Epub with no fancy tricks.

That is unless free Amazon store ebooks are DRM free?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Plug-ins for Amazon DRM work well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book cover, calibe, ereader, kobo vox