Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Southwest returned my husband's unmarked kindle!

Right before Christmas, my husband left his kindle (my old K2) in the seat pocket on Southwest. He immediately filed a claim, but given the only way to identify it was its purple skin, we didn't figure we would ever see it again. Well, I got a FedEx today, and it was my husband's kindle!

Boy, that really restores my faith in human nature! I have now lost 2 kindles, and gotten both of them back! I must have done something really nice in a former life!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Or maybe some people are honest and it has nothing to do with you? When I find something and turn it in, I dunno whom it belongs to. Might be a serial killer for all I know, lol.

In any case, very cool that you got 'em both back.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
fruiter
Connoisseur
fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; WISEreader N526
That must be making you very happy. I know I would be, under these circumstances!
fruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
awesome! I have gotten so few things I have lost (or had stolen) returned that this is nice to hear that it actually works for someone! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Southwest rocks.

They're the only US airline that realizes that if people want to fly with them instead of dreading the very thought, they'll have more customers. They're also making a nice profit. I have to suspect some connection.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Southwest rocks.

They're the only US airline that realizes that if people want to fly with them instead of dreading the very thought, they'll have more customers. They're also making a nice profit. I have to suspect some connection.
ya' think!? ;o)

they are the only airline I prefer anymore
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Isn't it a sad commentary on Americans when we think honesty is the exception rather than the rule? I find most people are helpful and honest, but it is the minority who aren't who set the tone and perception.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
That is great to hear.

I think that there is a concern about soemone taking a lost Kindle home but I think that the lack of returned Kindles, IPods, and other goodies is due to how hard it is to identify a specific Kindle, IPod, or electronic goodie. I have been thinking about getting my devices engraved if only to put an identifying feature on them if I were to lose them.

Think of it this way. I file a report that you lost a Kindle. If you don't have a cover or had the Kindle out of the cover, you have to count on someone turning on your Kindle and knowing to go to the settings page to find info that may identify the Kindle as yours. That only works if you set that up.

Personally, I would have to be desperate to fly Southwest. I am not a fan but that is I me. I feel like it is a giant cattle call and have had more mediocre and unpleasent experiences flying them then other airlines. (shrugs)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
That is great to hear.

I think that there is a concern about soemone taking a lost Kindle home but I think that the lack of returned Kindles, IPods, and other goodies is due to how hard it is to identify a specific Kindle, IPod, or electronic goodie. I have been thinking about getting my devices engraved if only to put an identifying feature on them if I were to lose them.

Think of it this way. I file a report that you lost a Kindle. If you don't have a cover or had the Kindle out of the cover, you have to count on someone turning on your Kindle and knowing to go to the settings page to find info that may identify the Kindle as yours. That only works if you set that up.

Personally, I would have to be desperate to fly Southwest. I am not a fan but that is I me. I feel like it is a giant cattle call and have had more mediocre and unpleasent experiences flying them then other airlines. (shrugs)
wow, I love Southwest! I don't have to pay for my luggage, I have never had anything lost by them. more often than not I land 15 to 30 minutes early. I always do the early check in and am usually within the first 15 people on board. not to mention that they are pricewise MORE competitive than any other big carrier in this country I am aware of
Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(shrugs) I love Jet Blue. I don't have to pay for my luggage, I get free drinks and snacks, I have a tv set and I don't feel like I am part of a cattle call. They are more expensive but P have a much better flight experiences with them then I have Southwest.

Different strokes.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
That is awesome to hear! Another person who feels a little bit better about humanity tonight :-)
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Or maybe some people are honest and it has nothing to do with you? When I find something and turn it in, I dunno whom it belongs to. Might be a serial killer for all I know, lol.

In any case, very cool that you got 'em both back.
I was recently discussing with my son why "finders keepers loosers weepers" wasn't really the right approach and that he should hand in anything he finds. He was a bit dubious about the idea so next time I'm going to borrow the serial killer idea.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I was recently discussing with my son why "finders keepers loosers weepers" wasn't really the right approach and that he should hand in anything he finds. He was a bit dubious about the idea so next time I'm going to borrow the serial killer idea.
If I found a bloody knife, though, I'd probably turn it over to the cops. Lol.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Right before Christmas, my husband left his kindle (my old K2) in the seat pocket on Southwest. He immediately filed a claim, but given the only way to identify it was its purple skin, we didn't figure we would ever see it again. Well, I got a FedEx today, and it was my husband's kindle!

Boy, that really restores my faith in human nature! I have now lost 2 kindles, and gotten both of them back! I must have done something really nice in a former life!
Awesome...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #15
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post

what a nice thread. I mean that as it made me remember a thread from a while back in the Kindle sub-forum about what a person who claimed to have found a wayward Kindle had an obgligation to return the device and what constituted having done enough to justify keeping the reader. I still feel that was some kid taking an ethics or psych class looking for some free research subjects on which to experiment.

Now go and buy a couple rolls of duct tape and establish a secure connection between the Kindle and your hubby's Kindle Port. Remember duct tape is a universal port adapter so any will do just fine. Just use a lot of it, at least half a roll.

snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote