Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
youtube not working anymore

I have my nook color rooted with market enabled. Today, when I tried to launch the youtube app (it used to work), it just closes. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Use ES File Manager (download free from Market).

Access the menu and choose "Manager", then "App Manager", click on "YouTube", choose "Detail", then select "Clear Cache" from the Application Info screen.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Do you mean ES File Explorer or ES Task Manager?
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ES File Explorer
Old 12-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
So weird. I cleared the cache and all, and it still didn't work. I had to uninstall it, and then reinstall the signed apk. Oh well, it's working now!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
So weird. I cleared the cache and all, and it still didn't work. I had to uninstall it, and then reinstall the signed apk. Oh well, it's working now!
I usually tell people to uninstall and reinstall the signed .apk. Then others would chime in that they cleared cache and it worked. Trial and error.

Edit: Here's the signed .apk in case someone is wondering.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ql6v72qia20wkh7

Last edited by SCION; 12-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
The other thing you might wanna try is not signing into my channel. I guess there is an issue if you sign in to gmail and youtube using the same account.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by debteb View Post
The other thing you might wanna try is not signing into my channel. I guess there is an issue if you sign in to gmail and youtube using the same account.
Valid point. NOOK Devs gives a warning about doing this.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
SammyWI
SammyWI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, NookColor (rooted)
I had this problem after I rooted (except that for me, the Youtube app never worked). Clearing cache didn't help. So I uninstalled. Then tried installing the youtube app and it would not install from appbrain.com (couldn't even find it on the app market). I think that may be because the offical youtube app is for Froyo which NC doesn't have (yet).

Installing (sideloading) the file Scion linked to worked. I assume that app is for the current NC version of android. Anyway: Thanks Scion! You have been a big help to many here, including me.
SammyWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
confusedgeek
confusedgeek began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
How do you uninstall an app?
confusedgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

If you installed it from Market, you can uninstall it via Market. Or you can use a file manager to uninstall. You can also uninstall via ADB.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
jmcging
jmcging doesn't litterjmcging doesn't litter

Device: Google Nexus 9
FWIW, I used NookColor Tools to 1) clear the cache (and that didn't get YouTube to work again) and then to delete the app. That worked, so I downloaded the apk from here (thanks!!) and reinstalled it and it worked again.
jmcging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #13
confusedgeek
confusedgeek began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
just another data point.

i couldnt delete youtube via es file explorer.

then installed abd on the laptop and it all worked, but again would not let me uninstall the app.

so i went back into es file explorer, and instead of clear cache, i cleared data. youtube was able to launch again.
confusedgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #14
lorddon
lorddon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Edit: Here's the signed .apk in case someone is wondering.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ql6v72qia20wkh7
Thank you for this. I'd uninstalled it but couldn't find it in The Market.
lorddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddon View Post
Thank you for this. I'd uninstalled it but couldn't find it in The Market.
You're welcome.