Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #31
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
My remedy for reading slumps is Tolkien...

Just read something very light and instantly gripping such as Lord of the Rings.
There. Fixed that for you.

For some reason, I can never get enough of re-reading Tolkien.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #32
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #33
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ...me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
When it happens to me (which it does, a few times each year), I just find something else to do for a while. Movies, video games, or watching something from my classic TV show collection.
Me too, I've been catching up on Dr. Who mostly. Interesting that I was fooled into thinking that The Doctor #12 would be John Hurt, but it was not to be as it's been cast as Peter Capaldi. Is this for here?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #34
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
By chance do you share your home with cats? There's nothing like battling with a jealous/affectionate cat trying to place themselves between you & your book to make reading seem worthwhile and valuable! It's a contest of the wills!

Seriously, interacting with pets (species of your choice) can be mentally soothing and take up the time you would normally spend reading .... Until you begin to read again .... with a furry friend ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #35
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
By chance do you share your home with cats? There's nothing like battling with a jealous/affectionate cat trying to place themselves between you & your book to make reading seem worthwhile and valuable! It's a contest of the wills!

Seriously, interacting with pets (species of your choice) can be mentally soothing and take up the time you would normally spend reading .... Until you begin to read again .... with a furry friend ...
Aww, no. Until yesterday we had 3 little rats, one died yesterday evening, the sweetest and most gentle one. The other two are rascals. Sob.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #36
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Aww, no. Until yesterday we had 3 little rats, one died yesterday evening, the sweetest and most gentle one. The other two are rascals. Sob.
So sorry to hear this - I've had mice, rats, gerbils, hamsters, and guinea pigs over the years - so I know how attached you can get to the little critters.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #37
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I think it's already been said, but usually, when I get in a reading doldrums, I either try something in an entirely different genre or I'll dig out a tried-and-true favorite.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #38
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I'm hardly reading much atm as well.
I finished a book series recently and decided it's time to take up the Acoustic guitar and practice more.
I've been meaning to do that for a while now.

I'm sure after a while I'll find something I'll like and get right back into reading when I'm ready.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #39
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Last time I was in a rut, I switched to a genre that I was lukewarm to before. Now I'm reading thrillers and murder mysteries - something I almost never read before 2010.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
There. Fixed that for you.

For some reason, I can never get enough of re-reading Tolkien.
Me, neither. The OP could try re-reading and old favorite of their childhood/youth like that. I have re-read The Hobbit and LOTR many times. I have also re-read A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, and the Narnia books. Whatever your favorites were, maybe revisiting one of them would do the trick.

Another suggestion would be graphic novels. Maybe a complex, grown-up series like Sandman, Fables, or The Unwritten (particularly that last), with all their references would inspire you.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #41
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
If reading was fighting for time with other hobbies then I might occasionally have slumps, but there's not really anything else I'm likely to do in my normal reading time. If it's going badly I blame the book. Even then I can often just push through because I'll always devote some time to it. It would only be if it stalled me that it would really be an issue. I occasionally have this with videogames. If I'm not quite in the mood for something, then I'll do something else, and the problem won't go away. Next time I want to play something, I'll still be in the same place in the same game, and probably still won't want to play it.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #42
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
When that happens to me I read manga and comics and play video games. As soon as I get my hands on a good book that fits my mood it goes away.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #43
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Me, neither. The OP could try re-reading and old favorite of their childhood/youth like that. I have re-read The Hobbit and LOTR many times. I have also re-read A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, and the Narnia books. Whatever your favorites were, maybe revisiting one of them would do the trick.

Another suggestion would be graphic novels. Maybe a complex, grown-up series like Sandman, Fables, or The Unwritten (particularly that last), with all their references would inspire you.
All of those graphic novels are great. That reminds me, I'm really behind in my Fables and The Unwritten issues.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #44
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
All of those graphic novels are great. That reminds me, I'm really behind in my Fables and The Unwritten issues.
Thanks, I am way behind on The Unwritten. `It really makes me want to read/re-read some books, though.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #45
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
I've been fed up with reading particular books, but never fed up with reading in general.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote