Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Freebie for MR members - Maisy May

Maisy May is the first novella in the Growing Out trilogy.

Because I love y'all, it's available FREE for a limited time on Smashwords, using this coupon code: ZB29S.

Or, if you like, you can pay $1.99 - or whatever the heck they decide to charge you if you're not in the US - for it on Amazon.

I'm finding it near-impossible to come up with a decent blurb for this book right now, so instead, how about I introduce the characters?

Maisy - A goth girl with a desperate desire to be a 'good Christian', but doubts about what exactly that might be.

Mark - A minister's kid whose life is falling apart. His parents are divorcing and he's been shipped off to the middle of nowhere to try to rebuild.

Maisy's Mum - an ex-junkie, now a fervent Christian with a steady job. Inclined to blind faith in the church that saved her soul, but determined to let Maisy follow her own path... even if it goes against everything she believes in.

It's not your standard Christian fiction. It contains sex scenes, profanity, liberal theology, all sorts of possibly-offensive material. That said, it's probably only offensive to those who are really easily offended. For example, it's far less 'on the nose' than DEAD(ish), which dropped the F bomb every paragraph or so and portrayed men contemplating doing naughty things to each other.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
OH, oh! Next week's TBR folder is getting crowded! I enjoyed Dead(ish), and this sounds pretty cool, too.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thanks nom! Dead(ish) is next on my list to read! I'm almost done with my current book This one will join the line
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Thanks nom! Dead(ish) is next on my list to read! I'm almost done with my current book This one will join the line

You are a champ!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

W00t! P, Grace, Snake - thanks for reading, and I hope you love it.

All reviews on Smashwords and/or Amazon gratefully received (unless you say that I spelt 'ass' wrong... )!!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
W00t! P, Grace, Snake - thanks for reading, and I hope you love it.

All reviews on Smashwords and/or Amazon gratefully received (unless you say that I spelt 'ass' wrong... )!!
Pigs's arse! Do you have burros in your book?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Pigs's arse! Do you have burros in your book?
No asses. And probably not that many arses either. I don't know. Maybe I should count them...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Oh! Checking it out

(Also, hi Nom! I know you! Muhahah. It's aniraangel from twitter.. er. when I remember about it. I think I was following you...)
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I was fine with the disclaimers until you mentioned "Australian spelling and slang." As Dan Quayle would say, "That's not American!"

I may need to finish "The Thirty-Nine Steps" first, but I'll get there, I promise.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 06-04-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: I have better things to do that to get offended every few minutes.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #10
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
Oh! Checking it out

(Also, hi Nom! I know you! Muhahah. It's aniraangel from twitter.. er. when I remember about it. I think I was following you...)
Oh, hey! Long time no see! Yeah, twitter is a bit too energy-consuming for me atm Good to see you again
Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
I was fine with the disclaimers until you mentioned "Australian spelling and slang." As Dan Quayle would say, "That's not American!"

I may need to finish "The Thirty-Nine Steps" first, but I'll get there, I promise.
It's NOT American???

I hope you enjoy it, when you do get around to it
Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Oh, hey! Long time no see! Yeah, twitter is a bit too energy-consuming for me atm Good to see you again
Me too. I love twitter, in theory... but it tends to get lost in the shuffle of other stuff I do. It's good to see you too, though
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #13
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
Thnaks for that, have just adeded both books to my ever increasing list to read!!!
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #14
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead231 View Post
Thnaks for that, have just adeded both books to my ever increasing list to read!!!
You're welcome I hope you enjoy them both when you get to them!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #15
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I just finished Maisy May, and I really enjoyed it. If memory serves, it captures all the confusion and complexity of modern teenage life.

I doubt your definition of Vegemite will help most North Americans... I can't think of anything sold commonly here that's quite like either of them... maybe if you take a couple of beef broth cubes, grind them up, add a very little bit of water to make a stiff paste? If that sounds appetizing, you belong in Australia

And that's the last free book I'll get from you; you deserve money from now on. It was delightful. Finish off that Vampire book and get back to MM2.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freebie