Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Ancalu
Ancalu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
RTF Reboot Reader

Hi!

I have some doc files, and i have convert them to RTF using Word.

Then I transfer the file with a card reader to a SD memory.

The problem is that after I select the file on the reader, makes the "formatting text" and everything looks ok, but when I push to go reading the Device resets Itself!!!

The file does not have any grapics inside, the funny thing it´s that some time I could open the file (i think I opened it 2 times on the last month) but 99% of times reboot the reader.

any idea?

thanks in advance!
Ancalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I have had a similar experience with some RTFs.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Open the RTF in Wordpad and then save it. Then open it in Word for Windows and fill in the Author and Title. Then save it. Running it through Wordpad helps to strip out hidden codes that are probably screwing up your reader. I know that it sounds like a pain but it works.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Ancalu
Ancalu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
RTF fixed with Book Designer

Hi Again!

I have tryed the wordpad trick, but fail to work.

The connect software simply hangs up while transfering the file to the Reader!!.What a mess!!!...

So after looking a lot into Mobileread, the ONLY way to go with "difficult" RTF files it´s to load the RTF on "Book Designer " and save again in RTF format.I know...I know...it´s a stupid thing..BUT works jejeje...

It´s amazing, everything works O.K.

Hope this helps.

BYE
Ancalu is offline   Reply With Quote