Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
tzn22
Avid Reader
tzn22 began at the beginning.

Device: Blue ez reader pocket pro
cannot open some epubs through sd-card nor internal memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zormal View Post
(...) Lately though, I've come across several epub files that won't open. They're DRM-free (...) When I try to open the file, it starts to load, but after a second or so the screen flashes white and nothing happens (it returns to the directory listing).
I do have the same problem or at the very least quite similar. Although I am currently having this problem with 3 DRMed files (epub), I remember having the same problem earlier with I think 2 DRM-free pdfs. However, at the time I thought nothing of it as the 2 pdfs were freebies and I simply discarded them, therefore I cannot confirmed that they were indeed pdf.

With respect to the 3 epub files (one in English and 2 in French) I cannot open them using either the SD-Card or the internal memory. The result is the same. I tried changing the name of the 3 files as the name of the English file was in capital letter and I thought that could be a problem; as for the files in French, both had letters not recognized in English in the name of the file. Even after I brought the corrections to the file names I still cannot open the files on my ereader.

I did not try to save the files on another sd-card to see the result as I assumed that if I cannot open the files using the internal memory the problem is probably deeper than a faulty card. I cannot try opening the files on another ereader as I have only one. I am not tech-y (I have no idea how you would write that in English), I buy an ebook, open it through ADE first if it's a DRM file, and then save it on my sd-card and read it on my ereader. No conversion, no removal of DRM. Buy and read, that's how I do things. At this point, the only way for me to read those 3 files are on my computer, which I refuse to do.
tzn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Have you tried re-authorising your reader in ADE?

I found with ADE once with me that it forgot that my reader was authorised, so I reauthorised and could read DRM books again. Just a thought.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #18
tzn22
Avid Reader
tzn22 began at the beginning.

Device: Blue ez reader pocket pro
My reader is authorized. I can open all my other DRM files without any problems on my ereader. At least the other files I try to open are working. Most of my ebooks are DMRed.

I initially had a problem authorizing my ereader when I received my replacement unit (paint issue) and I could not access my DRM files for 3 months after that. It took me that long to find a solution to the problem. That was not a fun period. Since then, I am avoiding linking my ereader to ADE unnecessarily. All my DRMed ebooks are downloaded manually directly on my sd-card using a media card reader rather than downloaded through ADE.

So I really hesitate trying to reauthorize my ereader. Anyway, I am assuming that ADE would not allow me to read on my ereader some DRM files but not others. It would be all or nothing.

It's a shame I discarded the 2 DRM-free files I had without thinking of trying to read them on my internal memory before thrashing them...

While I am trying to find a solution to be able to read my 3 epubs that won't open, I am hoping that I won't have problems opening more purchased ebooks...
tzn22 is offline   Reply With Quote