Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #91
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
I've installed new version. Unfortunately I've changed in reader.xml all six fonts to suit my preferences, put them all in fonts folder and now my prs t1 doesn't boot. I've screwed up it!
Hi giosa,

My understanding is that the reader apps (stock, modified, additional) aren't started until you start to read a book. Changing the reader config shouldn't affect the ability of your T1 to boot. Did you make any other changes at all, especially under the /system or /data mount points?

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #92
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi Simon,

I've only changed reader.xml. I removed all references to stock fonts in xml and changed to my own fonts which i put in mnt/reader/fonts folder. That's it.
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #93
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

There're two arrows left on the screen, the device is off. I'm afraid of screen burning effect, how you guys think burning is an issue?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 AM   #94
damaki
damaki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
I really like your work but moving your sources to sourceforge might not be a smart idea, as this application is violating Sony's copyrights on their android applications.
I don't really see the problem, but some tight assed lawyers could see much...

You should probably keep a low profile and post on a less famous website.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #95
Dwaalspoor98
Dwaalspoor98 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I would love to have external dictionary support in Reader for Colordict (Goldendict). I have been looking into the decompiled code of the reader but don't have a clue (yet) how to decompile, edit those SO libraries.
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #96
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaki View Post
I really like your work but moving your sources to sourceforge might not be a smart idea, as this application is violating Sony's copyrights on their android applications.
I don't really see the problem, but some tight assed lawyers could see much...

You should probably keep a low profile and post on a less famous website.
I guess optimally I would provide the binaries as binary patches, like I only provide source code patches with my changes. I'd have to come up with a reasonably simple, multi-platform way of doing it though.

Quote:
@Morkl
I've installed new version. Unfortunately I've changed in reader.xml all six fonts to suit my preferences, put them all in fonts folder and now my prs t1 doesn't boot. I've screwed up it! Tried hard rest nothing. Any chance helping me?!
P.S. my sony is rooted with minimal zeam set
Quote:
I've only changed reader.xml. I removed all references to stock fonts in xml and changed to my own fonts which i put in mnt/reader/fonts folder. That's it.
Quote:
There're two arrows left on the screen, the device is off. I'm afraid of screen burning effect, how you guys think burning is an issue?
Have you done the reset button+power button thing? What happens then? SD recovery? The reader really shouldn't affect the boot process in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaalspoor98 View Post
I would love to have external dictionary support in Reader for Colordict (Goldendict). I have been looking into the decompiled code of the reader but don't have a clue (yet) how to decompile, edit those SO libraries.
I've been meaning to take a look at those bits, but haven't got around to doing it yet. Definitely interresting.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #97
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Is this a typo or do you really have the path set wrong? The correct path to reference the external fonts is
Code:
path="../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/"
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #98
giosa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Have you done the reset button+power button thing? What happens then? SD recovery? The reader really shouldn't affect the boot process in any way.
I tried hard reset nothing. I ordered SD card adapter to try microsd recovery. Let's see.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #99
bardo
bardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
This update has been implemented a while ago. The APK (based on FBReaderJ 1.3.1 with my changes for background and paging buttons) carries my signature, so if you currently have the stock version installed, you may need to uninstall it first.
Porkupan,

is it possible to add fonts to your fbreaderj? The stock fbreader does allow setting this (but has somehow a not screen filling layout).

Thx, Bardo
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
Dwaalspoor98
Dwaalspoor98 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
I've been meaning to take a look at those bits, but haven't got around to doing it yet. Definitely interresting.
Here is some info about the Colordict/Goldendict API, which may become handy if you will look into it: http://socialnmobile.blogspot.com/20...evelopers.html

Thanks for your hard work!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #101
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

I tried out the new home page; it now shows "recently read", rather than "recently added", but that's as far as things go. When I try to go to page 2, I get:

"Sorry, the application Home has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I have been fiddling with it for an hour to no avail. Perhaps someone can explain where I went wrong? And where I go from here? Any way to get this functioning properly, and if not, how do I return to the way it used to be?
Thanks,
Glen
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #102
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

Okey Dokey, you can disregard my post above, as I have gotten everything kosher again. Not even sure what I did differently; (if anything) simply tried again and all is well. I am thinking the trouble lies with my seemingly too-loose USB connection, as I tend to be getting disconnected from the PC by just touching the wire!

Thanks for your patience with another mere rookie! Morkl, I for one really appreciate what you are doing... thank-you for sharing your expertise on this fine forum.

Glen

Last edited by camperbc; 01-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #103
giosa
Connoisseur

Everything I could I've tried. SD Recovery doesn't help!!! time to call sony support, but it's rooted device! if they see it is.... I don't know.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #104
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Everything I could I've tried. SD Recovery doesn't help!!! time to call sony support, but it's rooted device! if they see it is.... I don't know.
giosa - have you seen this thread? There might be something there you haven't tried.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #105
Interfredzo
Interfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1
Morkl: Do you think it's possible to disable/enable the touchscreen in reader with a buttoncombo? For example left and right turnpagebutton at the same time? Would be very usefull in some cases.
Closed Thread