Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question concerning Pocketbook 903 PDF & note-taking functionality

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to let you know, how much I appreciate it. I've already read for quite a while and now it's time for my first post:

I'm thinking about buying a Pocketbook 903 but I'm not sure about the functionality yet. Because I want to use it for my doctoral thesis, I really need

- a good PDF compatibility; nearly all my e-books are PDFs. Is it possible to search both through a single PDF file and through a whole library of PDF books? Is there a feature to trim white margins and/or a good zoom?

- a possibility to export my notes and highlights from the reader to a computer in order to work with them

It would be great, if someone could enlighten me whether or not this is possible with the Pocketbook 903.

Thanks a lot,
domee
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
none have been delivered yet to consumers.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Annotation is kept secret until the release (there was a topic about it, but no one from Pocketbook or resellers gave a coherent answer) and probably does not work very well or is below standard.

PDF compatibility is probably good, although some users with 602/902 reported that is slow for scanned PDFs and large PDFs.

Main issue: do not buy a product based on marketing facts. Wait until it's on the market and until people test it/review it, especially since Pocketbook has proven to be not such a serious company.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
domee

Okay, thanks for the advice; I'll be careful then. What kind of device would you buy in my situation... or none?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I own an iRex DR800. I plan to buy a Pocketbook 903 (wait for actual release and reviews first) and sell one of the 2 devices.

What I want from a device (more important things on the top):
- large eInk screen (close to a4, for academic pdf)
- good pdf support
- touchscreen
- annotation (also embed on pdf files)
- decent battery
- posibility to install FBReader, Stardict, Xournal or similar
- internet (to read mail/rss/check news)
- mp3 player (audiobooks and music)
- some basic games such as Sudoku

Pocketbook 903 seems to have most of my requirements, so I'm quite excited by it.

Last edited by catharsis; 12-23-2010 at 10:54 AM.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
domee

Great, I see we have quite the same requirements. Let's sit back and hope the 903 will be a good solution

Cheers,
domee
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
It's not that unusual requirements. I wish the same and will probably be working on a Xournal port once the SDK is updated.. and the product delivered.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote