Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
rockkybox
rockkybox doesn't litterrockkybox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Wikipedia books

Hey, with the wifi only Kindle being a nice option for those, like me, strapped for cash, I just wanted to share what I think is the best solution for offline wikipedia viewing.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Books

Lets you dowload 'books' created by others (essentially collected articles), but the choice isn't amazing. You can however create your own books under the print/export option on the left hand side, and add whole catergories; unfortunately they're only avaliable as pdf's, but calibre can lend a hand with that.
Anyway enjoy
rockkybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Thanks for the link and welcome to mobileread I've not had a look at wiki books before so will have a browse.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I use the same tool for my Sony and iPad. Very kewl
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
For any Wikipedia users that use non-standard themes or site preferences (like me) - the print/export option does not show up in all of them. I didn't check them all, I just changed mine back to the default settings and now it's right where it should be in the left-hand menu. Thought this might be helpful for anyone who can't find it.

CW
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wikipedia offline