Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
cupidmissed
cupidmissed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Easy way to fix font on Sigil?

My first post...hello all.

Now the problem :/

Is there an easy way to fix a font issue in Sigil? I'm just learning how to use Sigil and Calibre to edit my book, but for some reason I can't get a change to save.

I converted my .mobi to .epub, then opened the .epub in Sigil. I found that any time I used bullets (points and/or numbered bullet points), the font for the indented text is HUGE. While I can't figure out how to make the font all exactly the same, I changed the Heading on the large-font text (only) from "Normal" to "Heading 6," and the result is close enough (not ideal, but a heck of a lot better than the monster font I was getting).

The problem is that I can't save the file as a different name (says I can't save it with that name, already in use), and when I save it as the current name of the file, the changes don't save. I saved the document (as an .epub) on my desktop, closed Sigil, opened the document (which reopened Sigil) and the text is huge again.

If anyone has any idea how to:

a) change the font the right way and,
b) save it so the changes stick

I would greatly appreciate it. Once that sticks, I will open that file in Calibre, change it to a .mobi file, then upload it at Amazon KDP and be done. Thanks in advance.
cupidmissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think you need to look in code view. You are probably looking in book view. It is caused by styles.
The saving sound strange though.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"says I can't save it with that name, already in use"

for that to happen the file would have to be open in another app, or in another instance of sigil.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupidmissed View Post
b) save it so the changes stick
If the save of the original file fails then:

"File/save as..." ->Enter new name -> return -> done

like in any other application out in the world.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote