Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Slacker Radio app on Kobo Vox

Just downloaded the Slacker Radio app onto my Vox. I already use it on my computer, my iTouch and on my Blackberry, it's my favourite!
Although the site says it can only be downloaded from the Android Market, I was able to find a direct download quite easily by doing a Google search.
Anyone else use this app yet on their Vox?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
paulsparrow
paulsparrow began at the beginning.

Device: vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Just downloaded the Slacker Radio app onto my Vox. I already use it on my computer, my iTouch and on my Blackberry, it's my favourite!
Although the site says it can only be downloaded from the Android Market, I was able to find a direct download quite easily by doing a Google search.
Tried the Android Market and it want's to download to my phone. My Vox does not appear on the drop down device list. How did you by pass this?
paulsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
No. TuneIn Radio has everything I want.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsparrow View Post
Tried the Android Market and it want's to download to my phone. My Vox does not appear on the drop down device list. How did you by pass this?
I just got it again from the slacker site at

http://m.slacker.com/

which directed me to market and then installed from market...it didn't give me a does not recognize...
And yes, I also have TuneIn Radio, different beasts, you can create custom stations with Slacker and cache stations to play offline.
You can get actual radio stations and web stations with Tune In and record to line offline. Caching is very quick with Slacker, you can get several stations with many hours of music within minutes, whereas TuneIn can record to listen offline for hours but in real time.
I like both, I only installed Slacker on the Vox because I already had a subscription for it on my Blackberry.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android app, radio, slacker, vox