Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
dsenior
dsenior began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 and Sony T1
Sony 505 Power Switch not working

I have had a Sony 505 for almost a year now and the power switch no longer works properly. I can switch on using the Power switch by sliding it but sliding the switch again does not turn switch it off anymore. Instead I have to do a full device shut down using the menus. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what the problem is?

I live in NZ and I am a long way away from the UK where I bought the reader.
dsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, dsenior.

I've never had to deal with this problem, but I do gather information for problem solving.

The below thread has lots of ideas. You can read through the thread for all the solution ideas before trying anything. You never know, something may work.
My PRS-505 doesn't turn off - Help!

Good luck and let us know what happens.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
dsenior

Many thanks for that Dreams that worked to solve the problem. I was worried that it was a hardware fault.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
sally06
sally06 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony 505 power switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsenior View Post
I have had a Sony 505 for almost a year now and the power switch no longer works properly. I can switch on using the Power switch by sliding it but sliding the switch again does not turn switch it off anymore. Instead I have to do a full device shut down using the menus. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what the problem is?

I live in NZ and I am a long way away from the UK where I bought the reader.
I too have the same problem with the Sony 505....frustrating! Am contacting Sony for advise.
sally06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
sally06
sally06 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Power Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally06 View Post
I too have the same problem with the Sony 505....frustrating! Am contacting Sony for advise.
Chatted with Sony support...they suggested the following: on the back of the reader is a tiny hole; take something sharp to reset the Reader; I used a toothpick. Now I have to recharge the Reader - again - to see if it works. Give this a try to see if it works on your Reader. Good luck!
sally06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
dsenior

I forgot to mention in my post the solution that worked for me. Following the advice under 'Settings", then "Advanced Settings" I used "Format Internal Memory" That worked treat, all I had to go was reload my books. I thought format internal memory would also mean I would have to reinstall the reader software but it didn't. An easy solution I hope it works for you.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsenior View Post
Many thanks for that Dreams that worked to solve the problem. I was worried that it was a hardware fault.
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally06 View Post
Chatted with Sony support...they suggested the following: on the back of the reader is a tiny hole; take something sharp to reset the Reader; I used a toothpick. Now I have to recharge the Reader - again - to see if it works. Give this a try to see if it works on your Reader. Good luck!
sally06, I hope the reset works.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote