Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
Question Calibre Viewer: How to rotate the page?

I asked this question in another (LONG) thread, but got no answer, so I'll try again:

When viewing an epub file with the Calibre internal viewer, how can I rotate the page anticlockwise for convenient reading on my eeePC?

I am using version 0.6.8.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
jschall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't think you can at the moment, but maybe your video card has an option to rotate the whole desktop?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on my TODO list, in fact IIRC user_none implemented it in his branch, but it will be a little while before it makes it into the mainline calibre releases.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
maybe your video card has an option to rotate the whole desktop?
For Windows XP, there is EeeRotate.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

OK, thanks. I guess I'll have to use FBReader, then.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's on my TODO list, in fact IIRC user_none implemented it in his branch, but it will be a little while before it makes it into the mainline calibre releases.
I've been working on it but I haven't been able to get it fully working yet. Good thing I have some time before the GUI changes get merged.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
jschall
Avid Reader

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I've been working on it but I haven't been able to get it fully working yet.
Thanks for the update, user_none. It's good to know Kovid isn't all alone on this project

Meanwhile, on Linux, xrandr is a workaround:

xrandr -o right
xrandr -o left
xrandr -o normal
xrandr -o invert

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #8
fleo0917
fleo0917 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone5
Sorry for commenting old thread.

If anyone is still interested in this topic, try
Quote:
-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);
in your css.

It's working on my device(osx) with some bugs.
fleo0917 is offline   Reply With Quote